The 2018 Honda CR-V is Honda’s best-selling vehicle in the U.S. and trails only the Toyota RAV4 and Nissan Rogue in the compact crossover segment.
The CR-V is unchanged from the prior model year, when the crossover underwent major upgrades. Honda improved interior finishes and added a turbocharged engine to most trim levels of the CR-V. The CR-V is one of the best-selling SUVs of all time, and the 2018 model has been rated by critics as a top choice in the compact SUV category.
Here’s a quick outline of the CR-V’s specifications.
- The CR-V shares Honda’s compact global platform with the Civic Sedan.
- The 2018 CR-V LX starts at $25,245 including a $995 destination charge.
- Touring models with AWD and every option available reach $40,551 including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2017 CR-V LX started at $25,045 including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2018 CR-V is available in LX, EX, EX-L, and Touring trims.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full electric powertrains are available.
- The range-topping Touring model comes equipped with LED headlights, dual-chrome exhaust finishers and rain-sensing windshield wipers.
- All models come with a 3-year/36,000-mile vehicle warranty and 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. Roadside assistance and accessories are covered under the 3-year/36,000-mile warranty.
- Front-wheel drive is standard on all models. All-wheel drive is available for $1,400.
- 17-inch alloy wheels are standard on LX models, with 18-inch alloys standard on all other models.
- The 2018 CR-V has a 104.7-inch wheelbase, 180.6-inch overall length and a 73.0-inch
- LX trimmed CR-Vs are equipped with a 184 horsepower 4-cylinder engine. A turbocharged 4 cylinder with 190 horsepower is standard on all other trims.
- Non-turbo engines produce 180 pound-feet of torque, while turbo engines are rated at 179 pound-feet.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full electric powertrains are available. An eco-assist mode is standard on every model.
- All-wheel drive is optional at every trim level. CR-Vs with AWD come with a torque distribution monitor on all but LX models.
- A continuously variable transmission is standard with both engines.
- Maximum towing capability is 1,500 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the LX CR-V 2WD are 26 mpg city/32 mpg highway/28 mpg combined. The LX AWD model is rated at 25 mpg city/31 highway/27 combined.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the CR-V EX, EX-L, and Touring 2WD are 28 mpg city/34 mpg highway/30 mpg combined. AWD models are rated at 27 mpg city/33 mpg highway/29 mpg combined.
- The CR-V comes standard with advanced front airbags, front side airbags, side curtain airbags with rollover sensors, tire pressure monitoring system, a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines, vehicle stability assist with traction control and LED daytime running lights.
- EX, EX-L, and Touring models come standard with Honda Sensing active safety technologies that include forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, collision mitigation braking system, and road departure mitigation system. Lane-keep assist, adaptive cruise control, auto high-beam headlights, and blind-spot monitors with rear cross-traffic monitors are also standard on these trims.
- The infotainment system comes standard with Bluetooth audio and voice connectivity, Pandora internet radio compatibility and USB audio. A 5.0-inch color LCD touchscreen is standard on LX models, while EX and above trims come with a 7.0-inch touchscreen.
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, Sirius XM radio and SMS texting functions are standard on EX, EX-L, and Touring trims.
- Navigation is standard on Touring and optional on EX-L models.
Comfort & Convenience
- The CR-V has 12-volt power outlets in the front and center console and all but the LX model come with USB ports in the second row.
- Touring models come standard with touchless rear tailgate access. Both EX-L and Touring models have programmable open-height settings for the tailgate.
- Heated front seats are standard on EX, EX-L, and Touring models, with leather seating standard on the top two trims.