The 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe is a three-row full-size crossover SUV that seats up to nine people and competes with the Ford Expedition, Toyota Sequoia and Nissan Armada.
The 2019 Tahoe belongs to the fourth generation of the model, which began with the 2015 model year. For 2019, the Tahoe gets minor updates, like one new exterior paint color. The Tahoe is expected to enter its fifth generation with the 2020 model year.
Here’s a quick outline of the 2019 Tahoe’s specifications.
- The 2019 Tahoe is built on GM’s K2XX platform, which is shared with the GMC Yukon.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe starts at $47,900 plus a $1,295 destination charge.
- A top-of-the-line 4WD Premier model starts at $62,600 plus a $1,295 destination charge and can top $84,000 with options and before any dealer-installed accessories.
- The 2018 Tahoe started at $47,500 plus a $1,295 destination charge.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe is available in three trims: LS, LT and Premier.
- The range-topping Premier model comes equipped with 20-inch wheels, high-intensity discharge headlamps, keyless entry with pushbutton start and 12-way power-adjustable heated and ventilated front seats.
- All trims come with a three-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty. The powertrain is warrantied for five years or 60,000 miles.
- All-wheel drive is available on all three trim levels.
- 18-inch aluminum wheels are standard on the LS trim. 20-inch polished aluminum wheels are standard on Premier trim. 20-inch chrome wheels and various 22-inch wheels are options.
- The 2019 Tahoe has a 116-inch wheelbase, 204-inch overall length and an5-inch width.
- The base engine in the 2019 Tahoe is a 5.3-liter V8 that produces 355 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and 383 pound-feet of torque at 4,100 rpm. The Premier trim can come with a 6.2-liter V8 that produces 420 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and 460 pound-feet of torque at 4,100 rpm.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- All-wheel drive and two-wheel drive powertrains are available on all trims.
- The 2019 Tahoe uses a six-speed automatic transmission, with a 10-speed automatic transmission available in the Premier trim.
- Maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Chevy Tahoe is 8,600 pounds with 2WD and the optional Max Trailering package.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the most efficient 2019 Tahoe are 15 mpg in city driving, 22 mpg on the highway and 18 mpg combined for the 5.3-liter two-wheel drive version. Other powertrain options get one or two mpg less in all categories, although the two-wheel drive Tahoe with the 6.2-liter engine gets 23 mpg on the highway.
- All 2019 Tahoes are equipped with seven standard airbags, including head-curtain, frontal and
- seat-mounted side-impact airbags. Standard safety equipment also includes rear park assist, rear-vision camera and an electronic stability control system.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes rear cross-traffic alert, lane-change alert with side blind-zone alert, lane-keep assist with lane-departure warning and low-speed forward automatic braking.
- The standard infotainment system includes a six-speaker USB/CD/MP3 audio system with an 8-inch touchscreen compatible with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. SiriusXM radio and integrated navigation are also available.
- A Bose nine-speaker audio system is standard in the LT trim, and a Bose Centerpoint surround sound 10-speaker system is standard in the Premier trim.
Comfort & Convenience:
- The Tahoe has four 12-volt power outlets, two located in the console, one in the third row and one in the cargo area. A 110-volt power outlet is standard as well.
- The base LS trim has a manual liftgate, but the two higher trims have a powered liftgate, either button operated (LT) or hands-free (Premium).
- Cloth buckets are standard in the LS, and leather-appointed front seats come in the LT and Premium trims. The LT’s seats are heated and have 10-way power seat adjusters. The Premier’s seats are heated and ventilated in front and have 12-way power adjusters.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Chevrolet.