The 2019 Bentley Bentayga is a luxury performance SUV that competes with the Rolls-Royce Cullinan and the Lamborghini Urus.
The 2019 Bentley Bentayga ushered in the era of the ultraluxury SUV when it was introduced in January 2016 as the most expensive production SUV in the world and the brand’s first SUV. A number of powertrain variants have since been announced, including an upcoming plug-in hybrid. A lower-cost V8 engine is new for 2019.
Here’s a quick outline of the 2019 Bentley Bentayga’s specifications.
- The 2019 Bentley Bentayga is built on the Volkswagen Group’s large-SUV platform that is used in the Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne.
- The lowest price on a 2019 Bentley Bentayga is for the V8, which starts at $165,000. The lowest price for a 2018 model, before the V8 was introduced, was $195,000 for the W12.
- The 2019 Bentley Bentayga does not have traditional trim levels, instead offering numerous personalization options like more than 90 exterior paint colors with a bespoke color-matching service available and specification packages like “Activity” and “All Terrain.”
- The Bentayga can be ordered with four, five or seven seats.
- All Bentaygas have permanent all-wheel drive as standard.
- The 2019 Bentley Bentayga comes with a three-year/unlimited-mileage vehicle warranty.
- 21-inch, five-spoke painted alloy wheels are standard, with 22-inch polished alloy wheels one of eight other options
- The 2019 Bentley Bentayga has a 117.9-inch wheelbase, a 202.4-inch overall length and a 78.7-inch width.
- The engine in the 2019 Bentley Bentayga V8 is a 4.0-liter turbo V8 that produces 542 horsepower and 568 pound-feet of torque.
- The engine in the “standard” W12 model is a 6.0-liter turbo, 12-cylinder gas engine that produces 600 horsepower and 664 pound-feet of torque.
- The 2019 Bentley Bentayga uses an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- The Bentayga offers stop-start technology for the first time in a Bentley vehicle.
- Maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Bentley Bentayga is 7,716 pounds (5,500 pounds with the 7-seat configuration).
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the standard 2019 Bentley Bentayga W12 are not yet available but should be the same as the 2018 Bentayga W12, which was rated at 12 mpg in city driving, 19 mpg in highway driving and 15 mpg combined. The only Bentayga the EPA has rated for 2019 is the V8, which gets 14 mpg in city driving, 23 mpg in highway driving and 17 mpg combined.
- All 2019 Bentley Bentayga models are equipped with standard airbags, including driver and front passenger airbags and front and rear-side thorax airbags.
- Standard safety equipment also includes blind-spot assist, backup camera with audible warnings, front and rear park assist and an exit warning.
- The default audio system uses 10 speakers and is controlled by an 8-inch touchscreen with a 60-gigabyte HDD and accepts CD, MP3 and SD cards. Navigation and voice control with text-to-speech are also standard.
- A 700-watt, 12-speaker Bentley Signature Audio system is available, as is a “Naim for Bentley” 1,950-watt, 20-speaker audio system that Bentley calls “the most powerful audio system available in an SUV.”
Comfort & Convenience
- The 2019 Bentley Bentayga has four 12V power outlets, three in the cabin, one in the trunk.
- Sixty percent of the roof in every Bentayga is made up of panoramic glass.
- A Bentley Rear Entertainment option includes two 10.2-inch tablets that connect to the vehicle’s infotainment system as well as play media from their internal memory, micro SD or USB slots.
- A Breitling clock, a hands-free tailgate, a luggage-management system, veneered picnic tables and a biometric secure storage compartment are all available options in the Bentayga.
- 15 leather-hide colors are available, along with matching seat belts.
- 16-way electric heater front seats, rain-sensing windscreen wipers and a lockable, cooled glove box are standard
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Bentley.