The Nissan Murano midsize crossover brings bolder, urban-oriented styling to the SUV segment.
In size, the Murano slots right in the middle of the broad Nissan SUV lineup that also includes the Rogue, Pathfinder, Kicks and Armada.
The Murano includes active safety features like automatic emergency braking and forward collision warnings at every trim level and standard entertainment features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Here’s a summary of the Murano’s specifications:
- The 2018 Murano S has a starting price of $31,795 including a $995 destination charge.
- The Murano Platinum AWD has a starting price of $44,825 including $995 destination fee.
- The 2017 Murano started at $30,765 including the $995 destination fee.
- The 2018 Nissan Murano is available in four trims: S, SV, SL, and Platinum.
- Front-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is optional.
- The Murano has a wheelbase of 111.2 inches, an overall length of 192.8 inches, and an overall width of 75.4 inches.
- The 2018 Nissan Murano comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that has 260 horsepower and 240 pound-feet of torque.
- Nissan’s Xtronic continuously variable transmission is standard for every Murano.
- Front-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive is optional.
- The Murano is rated to tow up to 1,500 pounds.
- The 2018 Murano with both front- and all-wheel drive has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 21 mpg in city driving, 28 mpg in highway driving and 24 mpg combined.
- All 2018 Murano models come with forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, hill start assist and traction control.
- SV trims and higher come with blind spot warning and rear cross-traffic alert.
- SL and Platinum trims come with a surround-view monitor, and intelligent cruise control. These features are optional on SV models.
- The 2018 Murano comes standard with a six-speaker audio system, USB audio connections, a rear USB port, an auxiliary-in jack, Bluetooth streaming audio, SiriusXM radio and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.
- SL and Platinum trims include a Bose 11-speaker audio system.
Comfort & Convenience
- The 2018 Murano comes with cloth seating, manual seat adjustments, and power windows and door locks.
- SL models and higher include leather seating, heated front and rear seats, 8-way power driver seat and a heated steering wheel.
- Platinum models come with a dual-pane panoramic moonroof. It is optional on SL models.
- Options packages include a Midnight Edition Package that changes exterior trim to a darker color and has black 20-inch wheels. A premium package is available for SV models that includes a power moonroof, Bose Audio and active safety features.
- New for 2018, the SV Premium Package includes surround view camera, Bose Audio, and panoramic moonroof.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Nissan.