The 2019 BMW X6 M is a performance SUV that competes against the Mercedes-AMG GLE63, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
The X6 M has been on sale in its current generation since 2015 and hasn’t changed much. With a 0-60 mph time of 2.9 seconds and the ability to allocate power among all the wheels or just the rear, the X6 M is quicker than its fastest competitor, the Mercedes-AMG GLE63.
Here is a summary of the BMW X6 M’s specifications:
- The 2019 X6 M has a starting price of $106,695 including a $995 destination fee.
- The 2018 X6 M had a starting price of $106,095 including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 X6 M is available as a single model.
- A $5,200 Executive Package is available that includes additional technology and comfort features.
- The 2019 X6 M has a wheelbase of 115.5 inches, an overall length of 193.8 inches and a width of 78.3 inches.
- The X6 M comes with a 4.4-liter V8 engine that has 567 horsepower and 553 pound-feet of torque.
- An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard.
- The X6 M can tow approximately 6,500 pounds when properly equipped.
- The 2019 BMW X6 M has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 14 mpg in the city, 19 mpg on the highway and 16 mpg combined.
- The 2019 X6 M comes standard with programmable LED daytime running lights, adaptive brake lights, blind-spot monitors and a post-crash SOS system.
- A “night vision” package is available that includes infrared cameras and thermal imaging to detect pedestrians and animals in the vehicle’s path after dark.
- The X6 M comes standard with a 10.2-inch touchscreen that includes 3D maps, a 200GB hard drive, voice commands, a rearview camera, speed-limit information, real-time traffic information, M drive mode select, Bluetooth and USB smartphone connections, HD radio, and Harmon Kardon 16-speaker audio with a 600-watt amplifier.
- Apple CarPlay and SiriusXM radio are included with a one-year trial for each.
Comfort & Convenience
- The X6 M comes standard with 18-way power sport seats, folding rear seats, Merino Leather upholstery, BMW M logos and badges, a leather dashboard, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, keyless entry and start, four-zone climate controls, a power moonroof, a power tailgate, three-stage heated front seats, BMW ambient lighting, a cargo-management system, tilting side mirrors for parking assist and one-touch open and close windows.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of BMW.