The Lincoln MKC is a luxury crossover that competes with the Acura RDX, Cadillac XT5 and BMW X3.
The MKC is the smallest vehicle in Lincoln’s four-crossover lineup. Now in its fourth model year, the MKC has been updated for 2019 with a new exterior that more closely aligns it with the rest of Lincoln’s vehicle lineup. This refresh includes a new, single-piece grille design and a new headlight shape.
Mechanically, the 2019 MKC is unchanged from the previous model year, but the vehicle has been updated to include new optional advanced safety technologies.
Here is a summary of the Lincoln MKC’s specifications:
- The 2019 Lincoln MKC Standard has a starting price of $34,920 including a $925 destination charge.
- The MKC Black Label has a starting price of $48,125 including the $925 destination fee.
- The 2018 MKC had a starting price of $34,280 including a $925 destination charge.
- The 2019 Lincoln MKC is offered in four trims: Standard, Select, Reserve and Black Label.
- The 2019 MKC has a wheelbase of 105.9 inches, an overall length of 179.2 inches and a width with mirrors of 84.1 inches.
- The MKC comes standard with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that has 245 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque.
- A 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine is available that has 285 horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque.
- A six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode is standard.
- The MKC is rated to tow up to 3,000 pounds when equipped with the optional Class II Trailer Tow Package.
- When equipped with the 2.0-liter engine and front-wheel drive, the MKC’s EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings are 20 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg on the highway and 23 mpg combined. With all-wheel drive, the MKC’s fuel economy ratings are 19 mpg city/25 mpg highway/21 mpg combined.
- When equipped with the 2.3-liter engine, the MKC’s fuel economy is rated at 18 mpg in the city, 25 mpg on the highway and 20 mpg combined.
- The 2019 MKC comes standard with a rearview camera, reverse sensing and-blind spot monitors.
- When equipped with the Technology Package, the MKC comes with precollision assist, pedestrian detection, active parking assist, adaptive cruise control, forward sensing for low-speed driving and lane-keep assist.
- The MKC comes with an 8-inch touchscreen that includes the Ford SYNC 3 system, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, USB inputs, Bluetooth Phone and Audio, app capabilities, SiriusXM radio, and steering wheel-mounted controls.
- Optional features include navigation and an Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System.
Comfort & Convenience
- The 2019 MKC comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate controls, keyless entry and start, active noise control, aluminum interior trim, remote start, four 12-volt power points, power front seat adjustments, and soft touch seating surfaces.
- Leather upholstery is standard on Select trim and above.
- Optional features include ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, genuine wood trim and a cargo-management system.
- Lincoln also offers concierge services, free pickup and delivery for vehicle services, and other owner-exclusive programs.
- Black Label trim vehicles come with other benefits such as complimentary dinners, free car washes and annual detailing, premium maintenance that covers common wear items like brakes and belts/hoses, and trim-exclusive interior themes that coordinate materials and colors.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Lincoln.