The Cadillac XT6 is a three-row SUV that competes with the Acura MDX, Infiniti QX60 and Lexus RX L. The upcoming Lincoln Aviator will also pose a challenge.
The 2020 XT6 is all new. It is debuting at this month’s 2019 Detroit auto show and joins the compact XT4, midsize XT5 and large Escalade in the brand’s SUV lineup. The XT6 is Cadillac’s first three-row crossover.
The XT6 rides on General Motors’ front-wheel-drive, large crossover platform shared by the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia.
Here is a summary of the 2020 Cadillac XT6’s specifications:
- The starting price of the 2020 Cadillac XT6 will be revealed closer to the vehicle’s launch in the spring.
- The 2020 Cadillac XT6 comes in two trims: Premium Luxury and Sport.
- The wheelbase of the 2020 XT6 is 112.7 inches.
- Its overall length is 198.8 inches.
- It measures 77.3 inches wide, not including the sideview mirrors.
- The curb weight of the XT6 Premium Luxury is 4,441 pounds for front-wheel-drive and 4,644 pounds for all-wheel-drive. Sport models are all-wheel-drive only and weigh 4,690 pounds.
- The XT6 comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 engine that produces 310 horsepower and 271 pound-feet of torque.
- A nine-speed automatic transmission is standard on all models.
- The 2020 Cadillac XT6 has a maximum trailering capacity of 4,000 pounds, when equipped with the optional Smart Tow package and a 2-inch receiver.
- The 2020 Cadillac XT6’s EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings have not been announced.
- The XT6 comes standard with safety equipment such as an HD rearview camera, forward-collision alert, automatic emergency braking, front pedestrian braking, front and rear park assist, rear cross-traffic alert, lane-change alert and lane-keep assist with lane-departure warning.
- Optional safety features include a rearview mirror camera, enhanced automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, automatic parking assist, HD surround vision, a head-up display, reverse automatic braking and a hitch-view camera.
- The XT6 comes standard with an 8-inch color touchscreen and two USB charging ports in each row of seats.
- Cadillac introduces its new rotary controller in the XT6. Drivers use the rotary controller to operate functions on the screen as a supplement to buttons on the console and steering wheel.
- The rotary controller has a jog function that allows the user to tilt the knob for greater control.
- Additional technology, some of which is optional, includes updated navigation, support for the SiriusXM 360L system that debuted on the 2018 Ram 1500, a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility and wireless device charging.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The XT6 Premium Luxury trim comes with wood décor, while Sport models offer carbon fiber accents.
- A heated steering wheel is standard. Available features include leather-appointed seats, heated and cooled front seats and a 14-speaker Bose Performance Series sound system.
- A power-folding third row and remote-folding second row are standard. A sliding rail system allows the second row to tip and pitch for improved access to the third row.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Cadillac.