The Ram Heavy Duty is a full-size pickup truck that competes with the Ford F-Series and Chevrolet heavy-duty trucks.
Ram HD trucks have been redesigned for the 2019 model year to join their smaller sibling, the Ram 1500, which got an update in 2018. The
Ram HD is sold as two distinct models: the 2500 and the 3500, the latter of which includes heavier suspension and other upgrades that increase towing and cargo capacities. A new, more powerful Cummins diesel engine is available in the Ram 3500 this year, offering 1,000 pound-feet of torque.
Here is what we know about the 2019 Ram Heavy Duty:
- The Ram HD has a wheelbase that ranges from 140.5 inches to 169.5 inches, depending on cab and bed configuration.
- The Ram HD’s overall length ranges from 232 inches to 260.8 inches, depending on cab and bed configuration.
- The Ram HD has an overall width of 83.5 inches with single rear wheel and 96.5 inches with dual rear wheels.
- The Ram HD comes standard with a 6.4-liter Hemi V8 that has 410 horsepower and 429 pound-feet of torque.
- The Ram 2500HD is available with a 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel six-cylinder engine that has 370 horsepower and 850 pound-feet of torque.
- The Ram 3500HD is available with a high-output 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel engine that has 400 horsepower and 1,000 pound-feet of torque.
- Vehicles equipped with the 6.4-liter Hemi engine come with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Vehicles equipped with either diesel engine come with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Rear-wheel drive is standard. Four-wheel drive is optional.
- All models offer a suite of safety systems including adaptive cruise control, forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-path detection. Emergency braking is also available for trailers.
- The fourth-generation Uconnect infotainment system, carried over from the Ram 1500, features a 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display with split-screen capability and graphics tailored to each of the models.
- The Ram HDs have Apple CarPlay and Android Audio.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- Upgraded sound systems top out with a 750-watt, 17-speaker Harmon Cardin system.
- All audio is easier to hear thanks to active noise cancellation.
- The Ram HD cabs are 10 decibels quieter than the current HD models.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Ram.
Learn more about Specs & Pricing2019 RAM 3500 | Specs | Find Local price
2019 RAM 2500 | Specs | Find Local price