The BMW X7 is a midsize luxury SUV that competes with the Audi Q7, Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class and Volvo XC90.
The X7 is a new model for 2019 and is the largest of BMW’s SUVs. It comes with an inline six-cylinder engine in the xDrive40i model and a 4.4-liter V8 in the xDrive50i. Even the slowest 2019 X7 has a 0-60 mph acceleration time of 5.8 seconds. The X7 goes on sale in the first quarter of 2019.
Here is a summary of the BMW X7’s specifications:
- The 2019 BMW X7 has a starting price of $74,895 including a $995 delivery charge.
- The X7 xDrive50i has a starting price of $93,595 including the $995 delivery fee.
- The BMW X7 is available in two models: xDrive40i and xDrive50i.
- All-wheel drive is standard on both models.
- M Sport and Luxury Packages are available on both models.
- The 2019 BMW X7 has a wheelbase of 122.2 inches, an overall length of 203.3 inches and a width of 78.7 inches.
- The X7 xDrive40i comes with a 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine that has 335 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque.
- The X7 xDrive50i comes with a 4.4-liter V8 engine that has 456 horsepower and 479 pound-feet of torque.
- Both X7 models come standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- With the factory-installed towing hitch, the X7 can tow up to 7,500 pounds.
- The X7 xDrive40i with 3.0-liter engine has EPA-estimated fuel economy of 20 mpg in city driving, 25 mpg on the highway and 22 mpg combined.
- The X7 xDrive50i with the 4.4-liter V8 has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 15 mpg in the city, 21 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg combined.
- The X7 comes standard with collision detection, adaptive brake lights, LED daytime running lights, daytime pedestrian detection, frontal-collision warnings, lane-departure warnings, active blind-spot monitors, rear cross-traffic alerts and a rearview camera.
- The X7 xDrive50i comes with parking-distance sensors and a 3D-view camera.
- The BMW X7 xDrive40i comes standard with two 12.3-inch displays, an iDrive touchpad controller, navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, two USB ports, 20GB of hard drive storage, Apple CarPlay trial subscription, HD Radio, SiriusXM Radio trial and a 10-speaker hi-fi sound system.
- The X7 xDrive50i comes with wireless device charging and a Harman Kardon Surround Sound System that has a 464-watt amplifier and 16 speakers.
Comfort & Convenience
- The X7 comes standard with a panoramic moonroof, keyless entry and start/stop, four-zone automatic climate controls, memory key, rain-sensing windshield wipers and headlight controls, a power tailgate, ambient lighting, power and heated front seats and a luggage-management system.
- SensaTec upholstery and brown high-gloss wood trim are standard. Leather is available.
- The M Sport Package includes larger wheels and sport-inspired body trim.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of BMW.