The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LD is the third-generation 2018 Silverado that was originally launched in 2014. It has been rebranded as a “light-duty” model and remains on sale alongside the other 2019 Silverados, which received a redesign for the fourth generation.
The 2019 Silverado 1500 LD is basically the same vehicle as the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 and competes against light-duty work trucks like the Ford F-150 XLT. The Silverado 1500 LD is built on GM’s K2 platform.
Here’s a quick outline of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LD’s specifications:
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LD starts at $34,500 plus a $1,495 destination charge.
- The top-of-the-line Z71 trim starts at $45,495 plus a $1,495 destination charge and can reach $52,330 before dealer-installed accessories.
- There was no 2018 Silverado LD model, but the 2018 Silverado 1500 HD (which became the 2019 LD) started at $28,300 plus a $1,495 destination charge.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LD is available in four trims: WT, Custom, LT and LT Z71.
- The range-topping LT Z71 trim comes equipped with 18-inch bright-machined aluminum wheels, all-terrain tires and a chrome lower bumper appearance.
- All models come with a three-year/36,000-mile vehicle bumper-to-bumper limited warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.
- Four-wheel drive is available on all trims.
- The base WT trim comes with 17-inch painted steel wheels and all-season tires and Chevy’s CornerStep rear bumper.
- The size of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LD depends on cab and bed configuration. The smallest model is the Regular Cab with a 6-foot-6-inch bed, which has a 119-inch wheelbase, a 205.5-inch overall length and an 80-inch width. The largest model is the Crew Cab with a 6-foot-6-inch bed, which has a 153-inch wheelbase, a 239.6-inch overall length and an 80-inch width.
- The only engine available in the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LD is a 355-horsepower 5.30-liter EcoTec3 V8, which produces 383 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- The LT Z71 is not available with two-wheel drive.
- The 2019 Silverado 1500 LD uses a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Silverado 1500 LD is 9,400 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Silverado 1500 LD are 15 mpg in city driving, 22 mpg in highway driving and 17 mpg combined.
- All 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LD models are equipped with standard airbags, including dual-stage front airbags and seat-mounted side-impact airbags for the front seats and head-curtain airbags for front and rear outboard seats.
- Teen Driver and a rear-vision camera are standard. Limited available safety equipment includes OnStar connected services.
- An engine-block heater is available for all trim levels.
- The standard infotainment system uses a 7-inch diagonal color touchscreen and a six-speaker audio system. An 8-inch color touchscreen and a CD/MP3 player are standard on the LT and LT Z71 trims. Both systems are Bluetooth-, Apple CarPlay- and Android Auto-compatible. A USB port and an auxiliary jack are both standard.
- SiriusXM Radio and a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot are available options.
Comfort & Convenience
- The 2019 Silverado 1500 LD offers a 110-volt AC power outlet in the WT Convenience Package.
- Remote start, a remote locking tailgate and rear-park assist are available.
- A leather-wrapped steering wheel, remote keyless entry and steering wheel audio controls are standard on the LT and LT Z71 trims.
- A 10-way, power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support is available on the LT and LT Z71 trims.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Chevrolet.