The Ford Transit 250 is a full-size, Euro-style, commercial van that competes with the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Dodge ProMaster.
As the midpoint in Ford’s commercial van line, the Transit 250 is nearly identical to the Transit 150 and Transit 350. Major differences come in suspension capacity and gross vehicle weight rating that make the Transit 250 more capable with heavier loads than the Transit 150 and less so than the 350.
Here is a summary of the Ford Transit 250’s specifications:
- The 2019 Ford Transit 250 cargo van has a starting price of $34,725 including a $1,395 destination fee.
- The 2019 Transit 250 XL passenger van has a starting price of $40,145 including the $1,395 destination charge.
- The 2018 Transit had a starting price of $34,725 including the $1,395 destination charge.
- The 2019 Ford Transit 250 is available as a cargo van or passenger van.
- Cargo van models can seat up to two people. Passenger van models can be configured to seat two, five, eight, 10, 11, 12, 14 or 15 passengers with options.
- The 2019 Ford Transit 250 has a wheelbase of 129.9 inches when configured with a regular wheelbase and 147.6 inches when configured with a long wheelbase.
- The Transit 250’s overall length ranges from 219.9 inches to 263.9 inches, depending on body configurations.
- The 2019 Transit 250 comes standard with a 3.7-liter V6 engine that has 275 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque.
- The Transit 250 is available with a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine that has 310 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque or a 3.2-liter Power Stroke diesel engine that has 185 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque.
- A six-speed automatic transmission is standard.
- The Ford Transit series can tow up to 7,500 pounds when configured as a cargo van and up to 5,100 pounds when configured as a passenger van.
- The Ford Transit 250 is considered a commercial vehicle by the EPA and does not receive fuel economy ratings as a result.
- The Transit 250 comes standard with a rearview camera, side-wind stabilization, an SOS post-crash alert system, front and side airbags, roll-stability control and a tire pressure-monitoring system.
- Available safety features include lane-keep assist, a reverse sensing system and an anti-theft system.
- The 2019 Transit 250 is available with a Bluetooth radio and Ford SYNC infotainment.
- Also optional is the Ford SYNC 3 system that includes a 6.5-inch color LCD screen, app capabilities, 911 assist and two USB ports.
- A telematics system is available for fleet-management capabilities.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The Ford Transit 250 comes standard with power windows and door locks, air conditioning, 12-volt power outlets and vinyl floor covering.
- The Transit 250 is available with power running boards, trailer wiring and brake controllers, 16-inch styled aluminum wheels, dual sliding doors, heavy-duty cargo floors and the Ford MyKey system, which allows limitations to be placed on who can drive the vehicle and when.
- The Transit can also be configured as an ambulance and is available with heavy-duty towing and body-protection kits.