The Jeep Compass is a compact SUV that competes with the Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 and Nissan Rogue.
Though very similar to Jeep’s other compact SUV, the Cherokee, the Compass is slightly smaller outside. Now in its second generation, the Compass has been updated for 2019 to include new appearance and performance packages, new paint colors, a new infotainment unit for base models and new safety options.
Here is a summary of the Jeep Compass’ specifications:
- The 2019 Compass has a starting price of $23,090 including a $1,495 destination charge.
- The 2019 Compass Trailhawk has a starting price of $30,440 including a $1,495 destination fee.
- The 2018 Compass had a starting price of $22,590 including the $1,495 destination charge.
- The 2019 Jeep Compass is available in four trims: Sport, Latitude, Trailhawk and Limited.
- The Compass has a wheelbase of 103.8 inches, an overall length of 173 inches and an overall width including mirrors of 80 inches.
- The 2019 Jeep Compass comes standard with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that has 180 horsepower and 175 pound-feet of torque. The same engine with start/stop technology is available.
- A six-speed manual transmission is standard for Sport models and 4×4 Latitude models.
- A six-speed automatic transmission is standard for Latitude 4×2 and Limited 4×2 models.
- A nine-speed automatic transmission is standard for Trailhawk and Limited models.
- The Compass is available in both 4×2 and 4×4 configurations.
- The Jeep Compass can tow up to 1,000 pounds.
- When equipped with the six-speed manual transmission and front-wheel drive, the Compass has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 23 mpg in city driving, 32 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg combined. With 4×4, fuel economy changes to 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway/25 mpg combined.
- With the available nine-speed transmission, the Compass has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 22 mpg in the city, 30 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg combined.
- The Compass comes standard with multistage airbags, stability control, hill-start assist, parking sensors, a rearview camera and an anti-theft system.
- An Advanced Safety Group options package is available that includes brake assist, rain-sensing windshield wipers, lane-departure alerts, forward-collision warnings and adaptive cruise control.
- The Compass comes standard with a 7-inch touchscreen that includes six-speaker audio, USB ports, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, Bluetooth connectivity, voice commands, 12-volt power outlets and off-road performance information screens for 4×4 models.
- The Compass is available with two versions of an 8.4-inch touchscreen that can include navigation, SiriusXM radio and two additional USB ports.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Compass comes standard with cloth upholstery, folding rear seats, dual-zone automatic climate controls, cargo tie-downs and manually adjustable seats.
- The Compass is available with leather or vinyl upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats, an all-weather protection package, memory seats and mirrors, a heated steering wheel and a power sunroof.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Jeep