The GMC Savana is a full-size commercial van that competes with the Ford Transit and Ram ProMaster.
The Savana and its Chevrolet cousin, the Express, have been in production in their current form since the early 2000s.
Technology, safety and powertrain updates have been added through the years, but the basic utility van formula remains the same. Advanced safety features are newly optional for 2019.
Here is a summary of the GMC Savana 2500’s specifications:
- The 2019 GMC Savana 2500 Cargo has a starting price of $33,095 including a $1,195 destination fee.
- The 2018 Savana had a starting price of $32,490 including the $1,195 destination charge.
- The Savana is available as a passenger van, cargo van or cutaway.
- Standard or extended wheelbase versions are available.
- The Savana has a wheelbase of 135 inches, an overall length of 224.1 inches and a width of 79.20 inches.
- Extended models have a wheelbase of 155 inches and an overall length of 244.1 inches.
- The Savana comes standard with a 4.3-liter V6 engine that has 276 horsepower and 298 pound-feet of torque.
- The Savana is available with two optional engines: A 6.0-liter V8 that has 341 horsepower and 373 pound-feet of torque and a 6.0-liter CNG/LPG-capable V8 with the same power figures.
- Passenger vans are available with a 2.8-liter Duramax diesel engine that has 181 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque.
- An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard, and a six-speed heavy-duty automatic transmission is available.
- The Savana can tow up to 7,400 pounds with the V6 engine and 10,000 pounds with the V8 engine.
- The Savana is classified as a commercial vehicle and does not receive fuel economy ratings from the EPA.
- The Savana comes standard with two airbags, daytime running lights, steel-side door beams, hill-start assist, a rearview camera and OnStar.
- The Safety Options Package includes rear-park assist, side blind-spot alerts, lane-departure warnings and forward-collision alerts.
- The Savana comes standard with an AM/FM stereo and MP3 player, 4G LTE hotspot capability, auxiliary jack and two front door speakers.
- A 6.5-inch infotainment unit with navigation is available.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The Savana is available with several options packages to customize the van for specific types of work. These include an ambulance package, a hotel shuttle package, a cargo package and a paratransit package.
- Passenger vans come with seating for up to 16 people and are available with a wheelchair lift or side step rails.
- The cutaway can be configured as an ambulance, school bus or shuttle bus or with a utility box.
- Other packages include an Enhanced Convenience Package with remote keyless entry and remote start, heavy-duty trailering equipment and cruise control. A Chrome Appearance group is also available.