The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500XD is a commercial van that competes with the Chevrolet Express, Ram ProMaster and Ford Transit.
The Sprinter 3500XD is a higher-payload version of the Sprinter 3500, surpassed only by the Sprinter 4500 in the Mercedes-Benz van lineup. The line of Sprinter vans has been redesigned for 2019 to include updated infotainment technologies, new safety features and improved climate systems.
Here is a summary of the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500XD’s specifications.
- The 2019 Sprinter 3500XD Cargo Van has a starting price of $45,585 including a $1,195 destination charge.
- The 2019 Sprinter 3500XD Crew Van has a starting price of $51,885 including the $1,195 destination charge.
- The 2019 Sprinter 3500XD Cab Chassis has a starting price of $40,985 including a $1,195 destination charge.
- The Sprinter 3500XD is available as a Cargo Van, Crew Van or Cab Chassis.
- The Sprinter 3500XD is available with a 144-inch or an extended 170-inch wheelbase.
- Sprinter 3500XD Cargo Vans have an overall length that ranges from 234 inches to 290 inches, depending on configuration.
- Sprinter 3500XD Crew Vans have an overall length that ranges from 234 to 274 inches, depending on configuration.
- The overall length of Cab Chassis vans will depend on final fitment and configuration. With no additions, the overall length ranges from 246 inches to 273 inches.
- The Sprinter 3500XD Cargo Van and Crew Van have an overall width including mirrors of 92 inches.
- The Sprinter 3500XD comes with a 3.0-liter six-cylinder diesel engine that has 188 horsepower and 324 pound-feet of torque.
- The Sprinter 3500XD is available with four-wheel drive.
- A seven-speed automatic transmission is standard.
- The Sprinter 3500XD can tow up to 7,500 pounds when properly equipped.
- Extended-length vans have a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
- The Sprinter is considered a commercial vehicle by the EPA and does not receive fuel economy ratings.
- The Sprinter 3500XD is available with an anti-theft alarm, active lane-keep assist, LED headlights, an emergency crash-alert system, traffic sign recognition, radar cruise control, a 360-degree camera, driver-attention assist, blind-spot-assist mirrors and active brake assist.
- The Sprinter 3500XD comes standard with two USB-C outlets.
- Optional features include a 7- or 10.25-inch touch screen, wireless smartphone charging, navigation, SiriusXM Radio and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.
- Optional infotainment units are equipped with the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX). The system can be operated with voice controls, through the touch screen, via a touchpad or with controls on the steering wheel.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The Sprinter 3500XD comes standard with keyless entry and start, a trailer hitch prep package and all-season tires.
- Available options include a leather-wrapped steering wheel, power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats, powered sliding doors, a rear bench seat, swivel bases for front seats and a heavy-duty cargo package with upgraded wall paneling and tie-downs.