The 2019 Audi Q5 is a five-seat luxury crossover SUV that competes with the BMW X3, Infiniti QX50 and Volvo XC60.
The Audi Q5’s second generation began with the 2018 model year. For 2019, the compact SUV gets a few changes, including a 7-inch infotainment screen and Audi Connect Care as standard.
Here’s a quick outline of the 2019 Audi Q5’s specifications.
- The 2019 Audi Q5 is built on the VW Group’s MLB 2 platform, also used in other Audi models like the A4 and the A7.
- The 2019 Audi Q5 starts at $42,950 plus a $995 destination charge.
- Top-of-the-line Prestige models start at $53,850 plus a $995 destination charge and can top $60,800 with options.
- The 2018 Q5 started at $41,500 plus a $975 destination charge.
- The 2019 Audi Q5 is available in three trims: Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige.
- The range-topping Prestige model comes equipped with 19-inch, five-arm-wing design wheels, a Bose 19-speaker sound system and Audi adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam assist.
- All models come with a four-year/50,000-mile vehicle limited warranty and 12-year limited anti-perforation warranty, as well as Audi 24-hour roadside assistance for four years.
- Quattro all-wheel drive is standard on all models.
- 18-inch wheels are standard on Premium trim. 19-inch wheels are standard on the Premium Plus and Prestige trims.
- The 2019 Audi Q5 has a 111.0-inch wheelbase, a 183.6-inch overall length and a 84.3-inch width.
- The only engine available in the 2019 Audi Q5 in the U.S. is a 248-horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged four cylinder that produces 273 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- All-wheel drive and selectable driving modes are standard on all models.
- The 2019 Audi Q5 uses a seven-speed automatic transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Audi Q5 is 4,400 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Audi Q5 are 22 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 24 mpg combined.
- All 2019 Audi Q5 models are equipped with standard driver and front-passenger airbags. Rear-passenger thorax side airbags are a $350 option.
- Standard safety equipment also includes Pre Sense Basic, Pre Sense City and a rearview camera. When Pre Sense Basic predicts a possible crash, it can close all the windows and tension the front seat belts. Pre Sense City detects possible obstructions, alerts the driver and uses brake assist at speeds of up to 52 mph.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes heads-up navigation, automatic wipers and adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist and active lane assist.
- The standard infotainment system has 10 speakers and includes a 7-inch display with a single CD player, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and voice control.
- The Premium Plus and Prestige trims come with a 12.3-inch screen that displays the Audi virtual cockpit and MMI Navigation plus as standard.
- The 755-watt Bang & Olufsen sound system in the Prestige trim has 19 speakers and a 16-channel amplifier.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Audi Q5 has two standard front USB ports and offers optional rear seat USB ports.
- The 2019 Q5 offers an optional adaptive air suspension to control the ride height.
- Leather seating surfaces are standard in the 2019 Q5, as are eight-way heated front seats with four-way power lumbar adjustment for the driver’s seat.
- Heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel are included in the Cold Weather Package.
- The 2019 Audi Q5’s rear liftgate is power-operated.
- Standard convenience features on the Prestige trim include traffic sign recognition, Audi active lane assist, high-beam assistant and a top-view camera system.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Audi