The Nissan Pathfinder is a midsize crossover that competes with the Dodge Durango, Honda Pilot and Ford Explorer.
The Pathfinder has morphed over the years from a body-on-frame pickup truck-based SUV to a carlike unibody design. Even so, the Pathfinder’s towing capacity of 6,000 pounds puts it at the top of its class.
Updates for 2019 Nissan Pathfinder include a new Rock Creek Edition, which has blacked-out exterior trim pieces, 18-inch wheels and special interior finishes.
The Pathfinder also has been updated with more available safety features and new colors.
Here is a summary of the Nissan Pathfinder’s specifications.
- The 2019 Pathfinder has a starting price of $32,475 including a $1,045 destination charge.
- The 2019 Pathfinder Platinum has a starting price of $45,505 including the $1,045 destination fee.
- The 2018 Pathfinder had a starting price of $32,035 including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Pathfinder is available in four trims: S, SV, SL and Platinum.
- The Pathfinder has a wheelbase of 114.2 inches, an overall length of 198.5 inches and a width of 77.3 inches.
- The Pathfinder comes with a 3.5-liter V6 that has 284 horsepower and 259 pound-feet of torque.
- All Pathfinder models come with Nissan’s Xtronic CVT transmission.
- Four-wheel drive is available.
- The Pathfinder is rated to tow up to 6,000 pounds.
- When equipped with front-wheel drive, the Pathfinder has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 20 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 23 mpg in combined driving.
- With four-wheel drive, the Pathfinder’s fuel economy ratings change to 19 mpg in city driving, 26 mpg in highway driving and 22 mpg in combined driving (21 mpg for Platinum trim).
- The Pathfinder comes standard with automatic emergency braking, a vehicle immobilizer, rear-door alerts, rear sonar and a rearview monitor.
- Pathfinder SV and higher trims come with intelligent cruise control, blind-spot monitors and rear cross-traffic alerts.
- The Pathfinder comes standard with an 8-inch touch screen unit that includes Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, HD Radio, SiriusXM Radio, voice recognition and six speakers.
- Navigation is optional for SV trim and standard for SL and Platinum trims.
- Bose Premium 13-speaker audio is optional for SL trim and standard for Platinum trim.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The Pathfinder comes standard with cloth upholstery, folding second-row seats, folding third-row seats, tri-zone automatic climate controls and remote keyless entry/start.
- SL and Platinum trims come with a motion-activated liftgate, leather upholstery, heated front seats and power seat adjustments.
- SL models are available with a panoramic moonroof. This feature is standard for Platinum trim.