The Chevrolet Express is a commercial van that competes with the Ford Transit, Ram ProMaster and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
The Chevrolet Express is nearly identical to its GMC counterpart, the Savana. The Express 2500 is part of a Chevrolet commercial van lineup that includes a Cargo Van, Passenger Van and a Cutaway Van with a higher gross vehicle weight rating.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Chevrolet Express 2500’s specifications:
- The 2019 Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo Van has a starting price of $33,095 including a $1,195 destination fee.
- The Express 2500 Cargo Van with Extended wheelbase has a starting price of $34,995 including the $1,195 destination charge.
- The Express 2500 Passenger Van has a starting price of $36,095 including a $1,195 destination fee.
- The Express 2500 is available as a Cargo Van or Passenger Van and with a standard or extended wheelbase.
- The Express 2500 has a wheelbase that ranges from 135 inches to 155 inches, depending on configuration.
- The Express has an overall length of 224.1 inches with a regular wheelbase and a length of 244.1 inches with an extended wheelbase.
- The Express 2500 comes standard with a 4.3-liter V6 engine that has 276 horsepower and 298 pound-feet of torque. This engine comes standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- A 6.0-liter V8 engine is available that has 341 horsepower and 373 pound-feet of torque. This engine is also available with CNG/LPG-capability. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard with this engine.
- A 2.8-liter Duramax turbodiesel four-cylinder engine is also available. This engine has 181 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque. This engine comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- The Express can tow up to 7,400 pounds with the V6 engine, 10,000 pounds with the V8 engine and 7,000 pounds with the diesel engine.
- The Express is a commercial vehicle and does not receive EPA fuel economy estimates.
- The Express 2500 comes standard with two airbags, daytime running lights, hill-start assist, GM OnStar, a rearview camera and an electronic stability system with traction control.
- Available features include a dual-note horn, forward-collision alerts, lane-departure warnings, rear-park assist and blind-spot monitors.
- The Express 2500 comes standard with an AM/FM stereo and MP3 player and 4G LTE hot spot capability.
- Available features include a 6.5-inch screen with navigation, a CD player, Bluetooth, SiriusXM satellite radio and USB inputs.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The Express comes standard with vinyl front bucket seats, air conditioning, rubberized vinyl floor covering, power windows and door locks, 12-volt power outlets, 120-volt power outlets, interior assist handles and cargo tie-downs.
- The Express can be upgraded with several options packages. They include a Communications Package that has cruise control, a larger 6.0-liter V8 engine, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and GM Commercial Link capability.
- Other options packages include a Safety Package, a Chrome Appearance Package, a Driver Convenience Package and a Hotel Shuttle Package.