The 2019 Range Rover is a five-seat luxury crossover SUV that competes with the Cadillac Escalade, Lexus LX and Lincoln Navigator.
New for the 2019 model year, the Range Rover gets free Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility with the no-cost Smartphone Pack option. Other new features for 2019 include optional active cruise control with steering assist, a new wade-sensing system that offers real-time wading-depth information and a sliding panoramic roof, now all standard.
For the 2020 model year, the Range Rover will get a plug-in hybrid powertrain option.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Range Rover’s specifications.
- The 2019 Range Rover has a starting price of $89,500, not including a $1,295 destination charge.
- The high-end Autobiography trim has a starting price of $143,000, not including the $1,295 destination fee.
- The 2018 Range Rover had a starting price of $87,350, not including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Range Rover is available in five trims: Base, HSE, Supercharged, Autobiography and the high-performance SVAutobiography Dynamic.
- The 2019 Range Rover is available with a standard or long wheelbase. The long wheelbase version is not available in base or HSE trims. It starts at $109,950, not including a $1,295 destination charge.
- The 2019 Range Rover has a 115-inch wheelbase, a 196.8-inch overall length and an 81.6-inch width.
- The long-wheelbase version has a 122.8-inch wheelbase, a 204.7-inch overall length and an 81.6-inch width.
- The 2019 Range Rover has five engine options. The base engine is a 340-horsepower, 3.0 liter V6 supercharged gasoline engine that produces 332 pound-feet of torque. A 254-horsepower, 3.0-liter diesel engine that produces 443 pound-feet of torque is available in the base and HSE trims. A 380-horsepower version of the 3.0-liter V6 engine is available in the HSE trim.
- A 518-horsepower, 5.0-liter V8 supercharged gasoline engine that produces 461 pound-feet of torque is available in the Supercharged and Autobiography trims. A 557-horsepower, 516 pound-feet of torque version of the 5.0-liter V8 is available in the SVAutobiography Dynamic model.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available in the 2019 Range Rover.
- All-wheel drive and Terrain Response are standard on all models.
- The 2019 Range Rover uses a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Range Rover is 7,716 pounds.
- Fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Range Rover differ depending on the powertrain. The only EPA estimates available are for the 5.0-liter engine, which gets 16 mpg in city driving, 21 mpg in highway driving and 18 mpg in combined driving in both standard and long wheelbase versions.
- Land Rover’s official estimates for the 3.0-liter engine are 17 mpg in city driving, 23 mpg in highway driving and 19 mpg in combined driving.
- All 2019 Range Rover models are equipped with standard airbags, including front airbags with passenger seat-occupant detector and front side airbags.
- Standard safety equipment also includes emergency braking technology with emergency brake assist and daytime running lights.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes driver-condition monitor, blind-spot monitor, traffic sign recognition, lane-keep assist and adaptive cruise control with queue assist and high-speed emergency braking.
- The standard infotainment system includes a 13-speaker Meridian sound system that uses a 10-inch screen and Touch Pro Duo. It features voice recognition and navigation with real-time traffic information. The system is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto through a zero-cost optional smartphone package.
- A 19-speaker Meridian surround-sound system with a dual channel subwoofer is an option, as are head-up display capability, rear-seat entertainment screens and a subscription-based 4G WiFi hotspot.
- A 1,700-watt Meridian Signature Surround Sound System is standard in the Autobiography trim.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Range Rover includes standard Terrain Response technology, which responds automatically to the road or surface on which the SUV is traveling.
- All trim levels come with cruise control with speed limiter and front and rear parking aid.
- The 2019 Range Rover’s rear seats can be folded in using the touch screen with the optional Convenience Fold technology.
- Grained leather seats are standard across the line, as are 16-way heated front seats.
- All new Land Rover vehicles include a complimentary two-hour lesson with a Land Rover Experience Driving School Instructor.