The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC is a five-seat luxury SUV that competes with the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Jaguar F-Pace.
Mercedes-Benz introduced the GLC SUV in the 2016 model year and there are now eight variants, including coupe and AMG models. For 2019, the GLC’s updates include standard heated front seats and a household power outlet, and the availability of a new three-zone climate control and an off-road engineering package.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC’s specifications.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV has a starting price of $40,700 not including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe has a starting price of $47,300 not including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV had a starting price of $40,050 not including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC comes in four non-AMG versions: GLC 300 SUV, GLC 300 4MATIC SUV, GLC 350e 4MATIC SUV and GLC 300 4MATIC Coupe.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV has a 113.1-inch wheelbase, a 183.3-inch overall length and an 82.5-inch width with mirrors. The Coupe models have the same wheelbase and width, but a 186.3-inch overall length.
- The base engine in the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV is a 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder turbo with ECO start-stop. It produces 241 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque.
- The GLC 350e comes with a plug-in hybrid powertrain with a radar-based regenerative braking system. The 2.0-liter engine and 85-kW electric motor produce 315 horsepower and 413 pound-feet of torque.
- 4Matic all-wheel drive is standard on the GLC SUVs, while rear-wheel drive is standard on the Coupe.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 uses a nine-speed automatic transmission. The 350e uses a seven-speed transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC is 4,850 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the gas-powered 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 SUV are 22 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 24 mpg in combined driving.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the Coupe models are 21 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 23 mpg in combined driving.
- Fuel economy estimates for the 350e are 56 MPGe in combined driving and 25 mpg in combined driving on gasoline only.
- All 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC models are equipped with seven standard airbags.
- Standard safety equipment also includes active brake assist, attention assist, crosswind assist and trailer-stability assist. Adaptive braking technology, which includes predictive brake priming, automatic brake drying, hill-start assist and emergency-sensing brake assist, is also standard.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes blind-spot assist, active parking assist, active lane-keep assist and speed limit assist.
- The standard infotainment system includes a 7-inch display, an in-dash CD player, Bluetooth, HD Radio and three years of Mercedes me connect services. SiriusXM, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility are available.
- An 8.4-inch infotainment system with navigation, three years of map updates and five years of SiriusXM traffic and weather information is an option.
- A 13-speaker Burmester surround-sound system is available.
- Dual USB ports and prewiring for a Garmin Map Pilot are standard.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- Route-based battery optimization is available.
- A heated steering wheel, three-zone climate control, a power glass Panorama roof and a head-up display are available options (Panorama roof not available on Coupe models).
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC’s rear liftgate is power operated.
- Heated, power front seats are standard on the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC. Ventilated front seats with leather upholstery and heated outboard rear seats are available.
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers and auto-dimming mirrors are standard.