The 2019 Subaru Ascent is an eight-seat SUV that competes with the Honda Pilot, Chevrolet Traverse and Volkswagen Atlas. It is Subaru’s first three-row SUV since the Tribeca.
The 2019 Subaru Ascent is a new model. It uses a new, turbocharged 260-horsepower, 2.4-liter Boxer engine and is the largest vehicle Subaru makes. It is built in Lafayette, Indiana.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Subaru Ascent’s specifications.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent has a starting price of $31,995 not including a $975 destination charge.
- The high-end 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring has a starting price of $44,695 not including the $975 destination fee.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent is available in four trims: Base, Premium, Limited and Touring.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent has a 113.8-inch wheelbase, a 196.8-inch overall length and a 76-inch width
- Only one engine is available in the 2019 Subaru Ascent. It’s a 260-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder Boxer engine that produces 277 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- All-wheel drive and Vehicle Dynamics Control are standard on all models.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent uses an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Subaru Ascent is 5,000 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Subaru Ascent in Base and Premium trims are 21 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 23 mpg in combined driving.
- The Limited and Touring trims do a bit worse, getting 20 mpg in city driving, 26 mpg in highway driving and 22 mpg in combined driving.
- All 2019 Subaru Ascent models are equipped with standard airbags, including Subaru’s Advanced Frontal Airbags, a driver’s knee airbag, standard front side pelvis/torso airbags and side curtain airbags.
- EyeSight Driver Assist is also standard safety equipment. It includes automatic precollision braking, adaptive cruise control, lane-departure warning and a head-up display of EyeSight system warnings.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes blind-spot detection with lane-change assist and rear cross-traffic alert, reverse automatic braking and high-beam assist.
- The standard AM/FM/CD-player infotainment system includes six speakers and a 6.5-inch display. It is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, HD Radio and Bluetooth.
- An 8-inch infotainment system is standard on the Premium and Limited. The Touring trim adds navigation and a 792-watt audio system with 14 speakers as standard.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent comes standard with dual front and second-row USB ports. Third-row USB ports (a total of eight) and a 120-volt outlet are options.
- The SUV can be ordered with seven or eight seats.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent has 19 cup and bottle holders.
- A six-way manually adjustable driver’s seat is standard on the base model. Other trims get an eight- or 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat and heated front seats. The Touring trim comes with ventilated front seats.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent has standard three-zone automatic climate control.