The 2019 Volvo XC40 is a compact crossover that competes with the Audi Q3, BMW X1 and Mercedes-Benz GLA.
The XC40 is Volvo’s smallest and newest crossover, joining the larger XC60 and XC90. Like other crossovers in the Volvo lineup, the XC40 is sold in “tiers” that designate powertrain features. The T4 comes in front-wheel drive only and features a 187-horsepower four-cylinder engine. And the T5 is all-wheel-drive only and is equipped with a 248-horsepower four-cylinder engine.
Here is a summary of the Volvo XC40’s specifications.
- The 2019 Volvo XC40 T4 Momentum has a starting price of $34,695 including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription has a starting price of $41,245 including the $995 destination charge.
- The Volvo XC40 is available in two tiers: T4 and T5.
- Each tier comes in three trims: Momentum, Inscription and R-Design
- XC40 T4 models come with front-wheel drive.
- All T5 models come standard with all-wheel drive.
- The XC40 has a wheelbase of 106.4 inches, an overall length of 174.2 inches and a width of 75.2 inches.
- XC40 T4 models come with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that has 187 horsepower and 221 pound-feet of torque.
- XC40 T5 models come with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that has 248 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.
- An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard.
- The XC40 is rated to tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- The XC40 T4 front-wheel drive has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 25 mpg in city driving, 36 mpg in highway driving and 29 mpg in combined driving.
- The XC40 T5 all-wheel drive has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 23 mpg in city driving, 31 mpg in highway driving and 26 mpg in combined driving.
- The XC40 comes standard with automatic post-collision braking, lane-keep assist, LED headlights and running lights with automatic high beams, an oncoming lane-mitigation system that steers the vehicle back into its lane if a head-on collision is predicted, road sign recognition, and a whiplash protection system.
- Safety features available in an options package include active bending headlights, a blind-spot information system, cross-traffic alerts, LED front fog lights with cornering lights and a semi-autonomous drive system with adaptive cruise control.
- The XC40 comes standard with a 9-inch touch screen that includes Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a 330-watt high-performance audio system and USB inputs.
- Available features include navigation, a rearview mirror compass, wireless smartphone charging and a Harman/Kardon Premium sound system.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- Standard on the XC40 Momentum are folding rear seats, power windows and door locks, power and memory driver’s seat and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Dual-zone automatic climate controls, seat cushion extensions for both front seats and a power passenger’s seat are standard on the XC40 Momentum.
- Sport pedals, a special R-Design steering wheel and an upgraded charcoal-colored headliner are standard on the XC40 R-Design.
- Available options include a heated steering wheel, “Lava” colored interior accents, heated front seats, a folding cargo floor with grocery bag holders and power-folding second row seats.