The 2019 Volvo XC60 is a midsize crossover that competes with the Acura RDX, BMW X3 and Infiniti QX50.
The XC60 has been around for more than a decade and is a successful model for Volvo. More than 1 million were sold before the vehicle’s 2018 model-year redesign. Updates for 2019 include newly available front-wheel drive for the Momentum trim, new audio systems for R-Design and Inscription models and new safety features for select trims.
Here is a summary of the Volvo XC60’s specifications.
- The XC60 Momentum T5 with front-wheel drive has a starting price of $40,795 including a $995 destination fee.
- The XC60 T8 has a starting price of $56,295 including the $995 destination charge.
- The XC60 is sold in three tiers that designate powertrain features: T5, T6 and T8.
- Each tier is further broken down by three trims: Momentum, R-Design and Inscription.
- T5 models are available with all-wheel drive. T6 and T8 models come standard with all-wheel drive.
- The XC60 has a wheelbase of 112.8 inches, an overall length of 184.6 inches and a width of 83.3 inches.
- XC60 T5 models come with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that has 250 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.
- A supercharged and turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that has 316 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque comes on XC60 T6 models.
- A 2.0-liter four-cylinder supercharged and turbocharged engine supplemented with an 87-horsepower electric motor that has 400 combined system horsepower and 472 pound-feet of torque comes on X60 T8 models.
- The XC60’s maximum towing capacity with a braked trailer is 5,291 pounds.
- When equipped with front-wheel drive and the turbocharged four-cylinder engine, the XC60 has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 22 mpg in city driving, 29 mpg in highway driving and 24 mpg in combined driving. With all-wheel drive, those numbers are 20 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 23 mpg in combined driving.
- When equipped with the turbocharged and supercharged four-cylinder engine, the XC60 has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 19 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 22 mpg in combined driving.
- The XC60 T8 with hybrid powertrain has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 58 mpg equivalent in combined driving.
- The XC60 comes standard with active bending headlights, blind-spot monitors, automatic post-collision braking, LED headlights and running lights, whiplash protection, and side-impact protection.
- A safety options package includes a driver-assistance system with adaptive cruise control.
- The XC60 comes standard with a 9-inch touch screen, a high-performance audio system, voice controls, Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, SiriusXM Radio and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto capability.
- Standard on the XC60 R-Design are navigation, a 12.3-inch digital driver display that projects navigation and other information onto the gauge cluster and a subwoofer.
- A Harman/Kardon audio system is standard on the XC60 Inscription.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The XC60 comes standard with a panoramic moonroof, leatherette upholstery, dual-zone automatic climate controls, heated front seats, power windows and door locks, power-adjustable front seats with memory driver’s seat and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Inscription models come with four-zone climate control, a cooled glovebox and Moritz leather upholstery.
- T8 models come with a crystal gearshift knob.
- R-Design models come with special logos, an R-Design front grille and mirror caps, R-Design gearshift and steering wheel and R-Design trim pieces.