The 2019 Volvo XC90 is a midsize premium SUV that competes with the BMW X5, Audi Q7 and Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class.
The XC90 is Volvo’s largest and longest-running SUV, having first been sold in the U.S. for the 2003 model year. With three powertrains and up to four trim levels available, the XC90 can be purchased in several configurations, some with luxury features like a crystal gear shift knob, massaging seats and high-end sound systems.
Newly available features for 2019 include standard third-row seating and updated infotainment software.
Here is a summary of the Volvo XC90’s specifications.
- The 2019 Volvo XC90 Momentum T5 with front-wheel drive has a starting price of $48,695 including a $995 destination fee.
- The XC90 T6 Inscription has a starting price of $63,345 including a $995 destination charge.
- The XC90 Excellence has a starting price of $105,895 including the $995 destination fee.
- The XC90 is available in three “tiers” that designate powertrain configurations: T5, T6 and T8 eAWD.
- Each tier is further broken down into trim levels: Momentum, Inscription and R-Design. The Inscription trim level is available for T6 and T8 eAWD models only.
- An Excellence model is available that uses the T8 eAWD powertrain.
- The XC90 has a wheelbase of 117.5 inches, an overall length of 194.9 inches and a width including mirrors of 84.3 inches.
- The XC90 T5 comes with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that has 250 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Front-wheel drive is standard. All-wheel drive is available.
- A turbocharged and supercharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that has 316 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque is standard on the XC90 T6. Also standard is all-wheel drive.
- The XC90 T8 eAWD comes with a turbocharged and supercharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine supplemented with an 87-horsepower electric motor that has 400 combined system horsepower and 472 pound-feet of torque. The XC90 Excellence uses this powertrain.
- The XC90 is rated to tow up to 5,000 pounds.
- The XC90 T5 with front-wheel drive has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 21 mpg in city driving, 29 mpg in highway driving and 24 mpg in combined driving. With all-wheel drive, those numbers change to 20 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 23 mpg in combined driving.
- EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings for the XC90 T6 are 19 mpg in city driving, 26 mpg in highway driving and 22 mpg in combined driving.
- The XC90 T8 eAWD has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 58 MPGe in combined driving and 25 mpg in combined driving with premium fuel only.
- The XC90 comes standard with oncoming lane mitigation, lane-keep assist, active bending headlights, a blind-spot information system, hill-start assist, rear-collision mitigation, LED headlights, adaptive cruise control and a side-impact protection system.
- Self-parking assist, a head-up display and a 360-degree camera are available.
- The XC90 comes standard with an 8-inch driver display, a high-performance audio system with a 9-inch touch screen, SiriusXM Radio and a 220-watt amplifier.
- Available features include a 12.3-inch driver display, Harman/Kardon Premium Sound, Bowers and Wilkins Premium Sound, navigation and a subwoofer.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The XC90 comes standard with leatherette upholstery, a panoramic moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate controls, power-adjustable front seats and third-row climate controls.
- Options include memory seats, heated seats, four-zone automatic climate controls, front seat cushion extensions, ventilated seats with Nappa leather, wood interior trim, special trim-level badging, a crystal gearshift knob and massaging seats.