The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado offers six engine choices, advanced trailering technologies, and the best of the best standard bed volume.
Here’s a quick outline of the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500’s specifications.
- The 2021 Silverado Light Duty rides on the GM T1 platform that is also used in the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500.
- There are then eight trim levels in the 2021 Silverado. These include: Work Truck, Custom, Custom Trail Boss, LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, LTZ and High Country.
- The dimensions of the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vary depending on the options.
- The double cab with standard bed has a 147.4-inch wheelbase and 231.7 overall length. The crew cab with a short bed has a 147.4-inch wheelbase and a 231.7 overall length. The crew cab with a standard bed has a 157-inch wheelbase and a 241.2 overall length.
- There are six engine options for the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado. These include the 3-liter V-6, 2.7-liter I-4 Turbo and start/stop, 5.3-liter V-8 equipped with dynamic fuel management, which shuts down the engine’s cylinders when not needed to save gas. There is also a 6.2-liter V-8 with dynamic fuel management and stop/start. The Duramax 3.0-liter turbo diesel engine has automatic stop/start and is quiet as well as powerful.
- The 4.3-liter V-6 engine produces 285 horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque. The 2.7-liter I-4 turbo engine produces 310 horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque. The 5.3-liter V-8 engine produces 355 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. Lastly, the 6.2-liter V-8 engine produces 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- Two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive are available on all trims.
- The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has six-speed, eight-speed or 10-speed automatic transmissions, depending on the engine. The 4.3-liter V6 and the 5.3-liter V8 engines use a six-speed transmission. The 2.7-liter turbo and the 5.3-liter V8 with DFM use an eight-speed transmission. The 6.2-liter V8 and the 3.0-liter diesel engines are paired with a 10-speed transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for the 2021 Silverado 1500 is 13,300 pounds. This requires the 6.2-liter V8 engine with DFM and max tailoring package with the 10-speed transmission.
- The mileage on the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado is 15 mpg for city driving, 22 mpg for highway driving, and 17 mpg for combined for the 5.3-liter engine.
- The 2021 Silverado has a driver, passenger, front, head, rear head, and front side airbags.
- It includes 4-wheel ABS, 4-wheel disc brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Forward collision alert with automatic emergency braking is standard or optional.
- Additional safety features include a blind-spot monitor and cross-traffic alert.
- The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado has Bluetooth integration for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto-compatible to bring phone-based music and navigation into the truck.
- There is an optional 8-inch touchscreen.
Comfort & Convenience
- The 2021 Silverado is spacious, with class-leading headroom and legroom.
- Extra seat-back storage allows for added convenience. There are four USB ports, and a built-in Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Other optional features include 10-way power driver seats and single-zone semi-automatic air conditioning.
Jerry Hirsch September 9, 2021
The 2022 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck has undergone a significant improvement to its interior and gained a bigger touchscreen and multiple engine upgrades.