The Mazda CX-5 is a compact crossover that competes with the Honda CR-V, Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4 and Nissan Rogue.
The CX-5 is one of three crossovers that Mazda sells in the United States and is the brand’s best-selling vehicle in this country. The crossover shares a platform and much of its engineering with the Mazda3 and Mazda6 and was last overhauled for the 2017 model year. The 2019 CX-5 has been updated to include available Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, new safety technologies, available upgraded leather and interior trims and a new Signature trim level.
Here is a quick summary of the Mazda CX-5’s specifications:
- The 2019 Mazda CX-5 Sport with front-wheel drive has a starting price of $25,345 including a $995 destination fee.
- The 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature has a starting price of $37,885 including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2018 Mazda CX-5 had a starting price of $25,145 including a $995 destination fee.
- The 2019 Mazda CX-5 is available in five trims: Sport, Touring, Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve and Signature.
- The Mazda CX-5 has a wheelbase of 106.2 inches, an overall length of 179.1 inches and a width of 83.3 inches.
- The 2019 CX-5 comes standard with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that has 187 horsepower and 186 pound-feet of torque.
- Grand Touring Reserve and Signature trims come with a 2.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that has 227 horsepower with standard fuel and 250 horsepower with premium fuel. This engine also has 310 pound-feet of torque.
- Front-wheel drive is standard for Sport, Touring and Grand Touring trims. These models are available with all-wheel drive.
- Grand Touring Reserve and Signature trims come standard with all-wheel drive.
- All CX-5 models come with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- The 2019 Mazda CX-5 is rated to tow up to 2,000 pounds.
- The 2019 CX-5 equipped with the 2.5-liter engine and front-wheel drive has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 25 mpg in city driving, 31 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg combined. When equipped with all-wheel drive, fuel economy ratings are 24 mpg in the city, 30 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg combined.
- When equipped with the 2.5-liter turbocharged engine and all-wheel drive, the CX-5 has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 22 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway and 24 mpg combined.
- The 2019 CX-5 comes standard with a rearview camera, blind-spot monitors, rear cross-traffic alerts and Smart City Brake Support, which includes lasers and sensors to help drivers avoid low-speed crashes.
- Touring models and above include lane-departure warnings, radar cruise control, automatic high beams and pedestrian detection.
- CX-5 Signature models come with a 360-degree monitor and front/rear parking sensors.
- The CX-5 comes with a 7-inch touch-screen display that has HD radio capability, Bluetooth handsfree phone and audio, six speakers and steering wheel audio controls.
- Touring models and above come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities.
- Grand Touring models and above come with an upgraded 7-inch display, Bose 10-speaker premium sound, navigation and SiriusXM radio.
Comfort & Convenience
- The CX-5 comes standard with cloth upholstery, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, keyless entry and start and power windows/door locks.
- CX-5 Touring trim comes standard with leatherette upholstery, heated front seats, manual lumbar support, dual-zone automatic climate control and a power-adjustable driver’s seat.
- Grand Touring trim comes with leather upholstery, power-adjustable passenger seat, power driver’s seat lumbar adjustment and memory seats.
- CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve models come standard with a heads-up display and traffic sign recognition, heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel and ventilated front seats.
- CX-5 Signature trim comes with Nappa leather upholstery, wood trim, LED interior lighting and a unique steering wheel.