The Mazda CX-3 is a compact crossover that competes with the Honda HR-V and Nissan Kicks.
The CX-3 is Mazda’s smallest crossover, sitting below the larger CX-5 and CX-9 in the company’s lineup. On sale since the 2016 model year, the 2019 CX-3 has been refreshed for 2019 to include a new exterior look, new wheels and several standard interior comfort upgrades. Mazda has also made changes to the CX-3’s suspension and sound deadening ability for the 2019 model year to increase ride quality and comfort.
Here is a quick summary of the Mazda CX-3’s specifications:
- The 2019 CX-3 Sport with front-wheel drive has a starting price of $21,385 including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 CX-3 Grand Touring with all-wheel drive has a starting price of $28,140 including $995 in destination fees.
- The 2018 Mazda CX-3 had a starting price of $21,105 including the $995 destination fee.
- The 2019 Mazda CX-3 is offered in three trims: Sport, Touring and Grand Touring.
- All trims come standard with front-wheel drive and are available with all-wheel drive.
- The 2019 CX-3 has a wheelbase of 101.2 inches, an overall length of 168.3 inches and a width of 69.6 inches.
- The CX-3 comes with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that has 148 horsepower and 146 pound-feet of torque.
- A six-speed automatic transmission is standard for all CX-3 models.
- The 2019 CX-3 is not rated for towing.
- The 2019 Mazda CX-3 with front-wheel drive has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 29 mpg in city driving, 34 mpg on the highway and 31 mpg combined.
- When equipped with all-wheel drive, the CX-3’s EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings are 27 mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the highway and 29 mpg combined.
- The CX-3 comes standard with blind-spot monitors, rear cross-traffic alerts, a rearview camera and an anti-theft system.
- The CX-3 Grand Touring models also include standard lane-departure warnings, automatic high-beam headlights, pedestrian detection, front-collision warnings and radar cruise control.
- The CX-3 Sport and Touring trims come standard with a 7-inch color touch screen with voice commands, app support for Pandora and others, USB audio, Bluetooth phone/music connectivity and six-speaker audio.
- The CX-3 Grand Touring trim includes Bose seven-speaker audio, HD Radio, navigation and SiriusXM radio.
- Bose sound, HD Radio and SiriusXM radio are available as part of a package for Touring trims.
Comfort & Convenience
- The 2019 CX-3 comes standard with seating for five people, folding rear seats, cloth upholstery and manual climate controls.
- The CX-3 Touring includes advanced keyless entry and push-button start, leatherette upholstery, heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and chrome exterior trim pieces. A power moonroof, car cover and other options from the Grand Touring trim are optional.
- The CX-3 Grand Touring comes with leather upholstery, “Lux Suede” door trim, power-adjustable front seats and a power moonroof.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Mazda.