The Mazda CX-9 is a midsize SUV that competes with the Volkswagen Atlas, Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander.
The CX-9 is Mazda’s largest and most expensive vehicle on sale in North America. Mazda updated the 2019 model with new available technologies like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and made some advanced safety technology standard. Other changes for this model year include new comfort features like ventilated seats and a 360-degree view camera available in Signature trim.
Here is a summary of the Mazda CX-9’s specifications:
- The 2019 Mazda CX-9 Sport with front-wheel drive has a starting price of $33,275 including a $995 destination fee.
- The Mazda 2019 CX-9 Signature has a starting price of $46,360 including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2018 Mazda CX-9 had a starting price of $33,125 including a $995 destination fee.
- The 2019 CX-9 is available in four trims: Sport, Touring, Grand Touring and Signature.
- The CX-9 has a wheelbase of 115.3 inches, an overall length of 199.4 inches and a width of 77.5 inches.
- The CX-9 comes standard with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that has 227 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque. With premium fuel, this engine is rated at 250 horsepower.
- A six-speed automatic transmission is standard.
- The CX-9 comes standard with front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional. Signature trim is available only with all-wheel drive.
- The 2019 CX-9 is rated to tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- The CX-9 with front-wheel drive has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 22 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway and 24 mpg combined
- When equipped with all-wheel drive, the CX-9 has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 20 mpg in city driving, 26 mpg on the highway and 23 mpg combined.
- The CX-9 comes standard with a rearview camera, blind-spot monitors, rear cross-traffic alerts and Smart City Brake Control, which helps drivers avoid low-speed collisions.
- Touring trim comes standard with automatic high beams, lane-keep assist, lane-departure warnings, radar cruise control and pedestrian detection.
- Grand Touring trim comes with front and rear parking sensors and a 360-degree camera.
- The CX-9 comes standard with a 7-inch touchscreen, app capability, Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, six speakers and HD radio.
- The CX-9 Touring comes with an 8-inch screen that includes Android Auto and Apply CarPlay.
- The CX-9 Grand Touring and Signature trims come with navigation, SiriusXM radio and Bose Premium 12-speaker sound.
Comfort & Convenience
- The Mazda CX-9 comes standard with cloth upholstery, keyless entry and start, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and folding rear seats.
- The CX-9 Touring comes with power front seats and leather upholstery.
- The CX-9 Grand Touring comes with ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel and heated second-row seats.
- CX-9 Signature trim includes Nappa leather, Santos Rosewood interior trim and LED accent lighting.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Mazda.