The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is a high-performance midsize SUV that competes with the Porsche Cayenne GTS, BMW X5 M and Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Though it is based on the standard Grand Cherokee, the SRT model has an upgraded engine, functional aerodynamic bodywork and a performance wheel and tire package. The 6.4-liter V8 has 475 horsepower, which is strong enough to help the 5,200-pound SUV achieve 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds. The Grand Cherokee SRT retains the ability to tow up to 7,200 pounds and has standard four-wheel drive as well.
Here is a summary of the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT’s specifications:
- The 2019 Grand Cherokee SRT has a starting price of $69,640 including the $1,495 destination fee.
- The 2018 Grand Cherokee SRT is still on sale and has a starting price of $69,190 including a $1,495 destination charge.
- The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT comes in a single trim.
- The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT has a wheelbase of 114.7 inches, an overall length of 189.8 inches and a width including mirrors of 84.8 inches.
- The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT comes with a 6.4-liter V8 that has 475 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque.
- The Grand Cherokee SRT comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- The SRT is available only in 4WD configuration.
- The Grand Cherokee SRT can tow up to 7,200 pounds.
- The Grand Cherokee SRT has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 13 mpg in city driving, 19 mpg on the highway and 15 mpg combined.
- The Grand Cherokee SRT comes standard with advanced multistage airbags, blind-spot monitors, hill-start assist, parking-distance monitors, a backup camera, trailer-sway control and an anti-theft system.
- The SRT also comes standard with the Active Safety options group, which includes braking assist, rain-sensing windshield wipers, lane-departure warnings, parallel and perpendicular parking assist, full-speed forward-collision warnings, adaptive cruise control and rear cross-traffic alerts.
- The Grand Cherokee SRT comes with an 8.4-inch screen that includes navigation, SiriusXM radio, Alpine premium nine-speaker audio, SRT Performance settings and two 12-volt power outlets.
- Harman Kardon 19-speaker high-performance audio is available.
Comfort & Convenience
- The Grand Cherokee SRT comes standard with an active damping suspension system, bi-xenon high-intensity headlamps, a power liftgate, LED fog lamps, power-folding mirrors, 20-inch satin carbon wheels, leather and suede SRT seats and a leather-wrapped performance steering wheel.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Jeep.