The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a half-ton light-duty pickup that gets new styling, a new diesel engine option and a 450-pound decrease in weight. It is available in double- and crew-cab configurations with both short and standard beds.
Here’s a quick outline of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500’s specifications.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is built on GM’s T1 platform that is also used in the 2019 GMC Sierra.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 starts at $28,300 plus a $1,495 destination charge.
- The top-of-the-line High Country trim can reach over $75,165 before any dealer-added accessories.
- The 2018 Silverado 1500 also started at $28,300 plus a $1,495 destination charge.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD is available in eight trims: WT (work truck), Custom, Custom Trail Boss, LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, LTZ and High Country.
- The top-of-the-line High Country trim comes with Chevy’s industry-first power up/down tailgate, LED headlamps, and an exclusive grille and center bar with two-tone bronze and chrome finish.
- All 2019 Silverado 1500 trucks are covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile limited bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 5-year/50,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.
- Four-wheel drive and two-wheel drive are both available.
- 20-inch silver painted-aluminum wheels are standard on the Custom trim, with 17- and 18-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels available. The High Country comes standard with 20-inch machined aluminum wheels.
- The dimensions of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vary depending on options.
- The double cab with standard bed has a 147.45-inch wheelbase and a 231.7-inch overall length. The crew cab with short bed has a 147.43 inch wheelbase and a 231.7-inch overall length. The crew cab with standard bed has a 156.95-inch wheelbase and a 241.21-inch overall length. All configurations have an 81.24-inch width.
- Six engine options are available for the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. These include a 4.3-liter EcoTec3 V6 engine, a 2.7-liter turbo engine, a 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine (with or without Dynamic Fuel Management technology) and a 6.2-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine. The 6.2-liter V8 engine requires four-wheel drive. A 3.0-turbo-diesel engine will be coming but Chevrolet has not announced pricing or performance numbers yet.
- The 4.3-liter V6 engine produces 285 horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque. The 2.7-liter turbo engine produces 310 horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque. Both versions of the 5.3-liter V8 engine produce 355 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. The 6.2-liter V8 produces 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- Two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive are available on all trims.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 comes with a six-speed, eight-speed or 10-speed automatic transmission, depending on the engine option. The 4.3-liter V6 and the 5.3-liter V8 engines use a six-speed transmission. The 2.7-liter turbo and the 5.3-liter V8 with DFM use an eight-speed transmission. The 6.2-liter V8 and the 3.0-liter diesel engines are paired with a 10-speed transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Silverado 1500 is 12,200 pounds. This requires the 5.3-liter V8 engine and four-wheel drive.
- Not all engine options for the 2019 Silverado 1500 have been rated by the EPA, but fuel economy numbers for the 5.3-liter with eight-speed transmission and 6.2-liter V8 with 10-speed transmission have been released. The 5.3-liter Silverado gets 16 mpg in city driving, 23 mpg in highway driving (22 mpg with four-wheel drive) and 18 mpg combined. The 6.2-liter truck gets 16 mpg in city driving, 20 mpg in highway driving and 17 mpg combined.
- All 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 models come standard with six airbags, including dual-stage and seat-mounted side-impact airbags for the driver and front outboard passenger and head-curtain airbags for front and rear outboard seating positions.
- Standard safety equipment also includes a rear-vision camera, OnStar and Teen Driver mode.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes front- and rear-park assist,
rear cross-traffic alert, lane-keep assist with lane-departure warning and forward-collision alert.
- The standard infotainment system in the 2019 Silverado 1500 is the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system with an 8-inch HD touch screen that is Bluetooth-, Apple CarPlay- and Android Auto-compatible that uses six speakers and a USB port. A premium system with navigation is also available.
- The High Country trim comes standard with a seven-speaker Bose system with a subwoofer as well as wireless charging for PMA- or Qi-compatible smartphones.
Comfort & Convenience
- A 40/20/40 split-bench front seat is standard on most trims except the High Country, which comes with perforated leather-appointed front heated bucket seats with 10-way power and power lumbar support for the driver.
- Up to four USB ports are available, two on the instrument panel and two inside the console. A 12-volt auxiliary front power outlet is standard, and a 120-volt power outlet is available.
- Rear Seat Reminder is standard on the 2019 Silverado.
- Remote keyless entry, steering wheel audio controls, an auto-dimming rearview mirror and 4G LTE WiFi hotspot capability are available options.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Chevrolet.