The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is a midsize SUV that indirectly competes with other off-road-capable vehicles such as the Toyota 4Runner and Chevrolet Colorado.
Building on the long-running success and performance of the original Wrangler, the Wrangler Unlimited adds two more doors and more interior space to make the Jeep more usable as an everyday vehicle.
The Unlimited is nearly identical to the standard Wrangler’s trim levels and feature availability, with the exception of an additional trim level for the four-door models, the Sahara.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Wrangler Unlimited’s specifications:
- The 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited has a starting price of $36,240 including a $1,495 destination charge.
- The Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon has a starting price of $43,040 including the $1,495 destination fee.
- The 2018 Wrangler Unlimited is still available and has a starting price of $36,140 including a $1,495 destination fee.
- The 2019 Wrangler Unlimited is available in four trims: Sport, Sport S, Sahara and Rubicon.
- Special editions such as the Rubicon Recon are available. These upgrade or change trim and appearance pieces.
- The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited has a wheelbase of 118.4 inches, an overall length of 188.4 inches and a width of 73.8 inches.
- The 2019 Wrangler Unlimited comes standard with a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine that has 285 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque.
- A 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that has 270 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque is optional.
- Models equipped with the 3.6-liter V6 engine come standard with a six-speed manual transmission.
- An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard for the Wrangler Unlimited with the four-cylinder engine and optional for V6-equipped Wranglers.
- The 2019 Wrangler Unlimited is able to tow up to 3,500 pounds when equipped with the V6 engine.
- When equipped with the V6 engine and manual transmission, the Wrangler Unlimited’s EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings are 17 mpg in city driving, 25 mpg on the highway and 20 mpg combined. With automatic transmission, the Wrangler’s fuel economy ratings are 18 mpg city, 23 mpg highway and 20 mpg combined.
- When equipped with the four-cylinder engine, the Wrangler Unlimited’s EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings are 22 mpg in the city, 24 mpg on the highway and 22 mpg combined.
- The 2019 Wrangler Unlimited comes standard with a backup camera, electronic roll mitigation, electronic stability control and hill-start assist.
- An Active Safety Package that includes blind-spot monitors, rear parking-assist and LED tail lamps is available.
- The Wrangler Unlimited comes standard with a 5-inch display, USB audio input, eight speakers, an auxiliary port and 12-volt power outlets.
- A 7-inch display is optional for Sport S models and standard for Rubicon models, and includes SiriusXM Radio and two USB ports.
- An 8.4-inch screen that includes navigation is available for Rubicon models.
Comfort & Convenience
- The 2019 Wrangler Unlimited comes standard with a folding soft top that includes a sunroof feature.
- Other top options include a two-piece removable top, power sliding roof, modular folding hardtop, Premium Sunrider soft top and a body-color three-piece hardtop.
- Air conditioning is optional for Wrangler Unlimited Sport models.
- Several options and packages can be added that include cold-weather performance features, leather seating, heated seats and steering wheel, a towing package, an off-road performance package, a cargo-management package and LED lighting.