The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 is a commercial van that competes with the Chevrolet Express, Ram ProMaster and Ford Transit.
The Sprinter has worn many badges over the years, having been sold at points by Dodge, Freightliner and Mercedes-Benz. For 2019, the van has been completely redesigned to include new technology options with touch screen infotainment units, increased payload capacities, upgraded advanced safety features and improved climate-control systems. The Sprinter 3500 has higher payload and towing capacities than the 1500 and 2500 and can be ordered in either a Cargo Van or Crew Van configuration.
Here is a summary of the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500’s specifications.
- The 2019 Sprinter 3500 High Roof Cargo Van has a starting price of $45,985 including a $1,195 destination charge.
- The 2019 Sprinter 3500 Crew Van has a starting price of $49,585 including a $1,195 destination charge.
- The Sprinter 3500 is available as a Cargo Van or Crew Van.
- Cargo Van versions are available only with a high roof option.
- The Sprinter 3500 is available with a 144-inch or an extended 170-inch wheelbase.
- Sprinter 3500 Cargo Vans have an overall length that ranges from 234 inches to 290 inches, depending on configuration.
- Sprinter 3500 Crew Vans have an overall length that ranges from 234 to 274 inches, depending on configuration.
- The Sprinter 3500 has an overall width including mirrors of 92 inches.
- The Sprinter 3500 comes with a 3.0-liter six-cylinder diesel engine that has 188 horsepower and 324 pound-feet of torque.
- A seven-speed automatic transmission is standard.
- The Sprinter 3500 can tow up to 7,500 pounds when properly equipped.
- Extended-length vans have a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
- The Sprinter is considered a commercial vehicle by the EPA and does not receive fuel economy ratings.
- The Sprinter 3500 is available with an anti-theft alarm, active lane-keep assist, LED headlights, an emergency crash-alert system, traffic sign recognition, radar cruise control, a 360-degree camera, drive-attention assist, blind-spot assist mirrors and active brake assist.
- The Sprinter 3500 comes standard with two USB-C outlets.
- Optional features include a 7- or 10.25-inch touch screen, wireless smartphone charging, navigation, SiriusXM Radio and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.
- Optional infotainment units are equipped with the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX). The system can be operated with voice controls, through the touch screen, via a touchpad or with controls on the steering wheel.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The Sprinter 3500 comes standard with keyless entry and start, a trailer hitch prep package and all-season tires.
- Available options include a leather-wrapped steering wheel, power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats, powered sliding doors, a rear bench seat, swivel bases for front seats and a heavy-duty cargo package with upgraded wall paneling and tie-downs.