The 2019 Land Rover Discovery is a three-row, seven-passenger luxury SUV that competes with the Audi Q5, the Mercedes-Benz GLC Class and the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The 2019 Land Rover Discovery is part of the full-size SUV’s fifth generation, which first went on sale in 2017. For 2019, the Discovery gets new standard equipment, including LED headlights, a powered inner tailgate and safety features like lane-keep assist and reverse traffic detection.
Here’s a quick outline of the 2019 Land Rover Discovery’s specifications.
- The 2019 Land Rover Discovery is built on a platform shared with the Range Rover and the Range Rover Sport.
- The 2019 Land Rover Discovery starts at $52,950 plus a $1,025 destination charge.
- The high-end HSE Luxury models start at $67,200 plus a $1,025 destination charge and can top $90,000 with options.
- The 2018 Land Rover Discovery started at $52,090 plus a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Land Rover Discovery is available in three trims: SE, HSE and HSE Luxury.
- The range-topping HSE Luxury model comes equipped with 20-inch alloy wheels, an electronic air suspension and a 14-speaker Meridian surround-sound system.
- All models come with a four-year/50,000-mile vehicle limited warranty and a six-year/unlimited-mileage corrosion-perforation warranty.
- 20-inch, 5-spoke alloy wheels are standard on the HSE, and 20-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheels are standard on the HSE Luxury trim.
- The 2019 Land Rover Discovery has a 115.1-inch wheelbase when equipped with air suspension and a 115.0-inch wheelbase when equipped with a coil suspension.
- All models have a 195.1-inch overall length and a 78.7-inch width.
- The base engine in the 2019 Land Rover Discovery is a 340-horsepower 3.0-liter supercharged V6 that produces 332 pound-feet of torque.
- The optional engine is a 254-horsepower 3.0-liter diesel that produces 443 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- Permanent four-wheel drive is standard on all models.
- The 2019 Land Rover Discovery uses an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Land Rover Discovery is 7,716 pounds with the diesel engine and 8,201 pounds with the gasoline engine.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Land Rover Discovery depend on which engine it is equipped with. The 3.0-liter gas engine offers 16 mpg in city driving, 21 mpg in highway driving and 18 mpg combined. The 3.0-liter diesel engine gets 21 mpg in city driving, 26 mpg in highway driving and 23 mpg combined.
- All 2019 Land Rover Discovery models are equipped with up to eight driver and passenger airbags, including dual front impact airbags, dual front side impact airbags and overhead airbags.
- Standard safety equipment also includes lane-keep assist, a clear exit monitor, rear-traffic monitor, automatic headlights and rain-sensing wipers.
- Standard safety equipment on the HSE and HSE Luxury trims includes blind-spot assist, adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go capability, high-speed emergency braking, traffic sign recognition and an adaptive speed limiter. These features are available as options on the HS trim.
- The standard infotainment system includes a 250-watt Enhanced Sound System with 10 speakers and Touch Pro navigation with real-time traffic data on a 8-inch screen.
- The audio system is Bluetooth-compatible and has a 3.5-millimeter auxiliary input. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility are available in the Smartphone Package, which is a zero-cost option.
- The 380-watt, 10-speaker Meridian Sound System that is standard in the HSE and HSE Luxury trims uses a 10-inch screen with InControl Touch Pro.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- A powered gesture tailgate, keyless entry, 360-degree parking aid and park assist are all standard on the 2019 Land Rover Discovery.
- Hardware for Land Rover’s subscription-based InControl Wi-Fi hot spot is standard and can connect up to eight wireless devices to the internet simultaneously.
- Front 12-way powered grained leather seats are standard on the SE trim, with front 16-way powered Windsor leather seats and heated front and rear seats standard on the HSE Luxury trim.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Jaguar Land Rover