The 2019 Ram 2500 is a heavy-duty full-size pickup that competes with the Ford F-250 Super Duty, Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD and the GMC Sierra 2500HD.
The fifth-generation Ram 2500 was introduced at the 2019 North American International Auto Show as a 2019 model year vehicle. It is built at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant in Coahuila, Mexico.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Ram 2500’s specifications:
- The 2019 Ram 2500 has a starting price of $33,395 that does not include a $1,695 destination charge.
- The most expensive trim, the Limited, has a starting price of $65,700 that does not include the $1,695 destination fee.
- The 2018 Ram 2500 had a starting price of $33,045 that did not include the $1,695 destination charge.
- The 2019 Ram 2500 is available in six trims: Tradesman, Big Horn, Laramie, Power Wagon, Laramie Longhorn and Limited.
- The 2019 Ram 2500 comes with a variety of wheelbases, depending on configuration.
- The regular cab with the 4×2 powertrain is the smallest, with a 140-inch wheelbase, a 232-inch overall length and an 83.5-inch width.
- The longest model is the Crew Cab 4×2 with the eight-foot box. It has a 169.1-inch wheelbase, a 260.8-inch overall length and an 83.5-inch width.
- The base engine in the 2019 Ram 2500 is a 410-horsepower 6.4-liter V8 that produces 429 pound-feet of torque.
- The most powerful engine in the lineup is the 370-horsepower 6.7-liter Cummins turbo diesel I6, which produces 850 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- 4×4 and 4×2 modes are options on all models except the Power Wagon trim, which is 4×4 only.
- The 2019 Ram 2500 uses either a six-speed or an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Ram 2500 is 19,780 pounds (requires 4×2 with regular cab and the 6.7-liter turbodiesel engine).
- Heavy-duty trucks are not required to be rated for their fuel economy by the EPA. Consumer Reports rated the last-generation diesel-powered Ram 2500 at 14 mpg overall, and Ram says the new generation should see a fuel economy improvement of around 8 percent.
- All 2019 Ram 2500 models are equipped with six standard airbags, including advanced multistage front airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags and side-curtain airbags.
- Standard safety equipment also includes hill-start assist, low-beam daytime running headlamps and a rear back-up camera.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes blind-spot and cross-path detection, Parksense front and rear park-assist system, trailer brake control and trailer-sway damping.
- The standard infotainment system includes a four-speaker Connect 3 system with a 5-inch display. Its media hub includes two USB ports and an audio jack input for mobile devices and Bluetooth compatibility.
- The Limited trim is available with a 750-watt, 17-Speaker Harman Kardon premium audio system that is compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and SiriusXM radio and uses an 8.4-inch screen. A Uconnect 4C system with navigation and a 12-inch display is available as an option.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- All 2019 Ram 2500 trucks come with Active Grille Shutters to improve aerodynamics.
- A 12-volt auxiliary power outlet is standard on all Ram 2500s.
- The 2019 Ram 2500 comes with standard four-way manual adjustable front seats.
- Eight-way power adjustable heated and ventilated front seats are standard on the Limited trim, as are heated rear seats.
- 17-Inch steel wheels are standard on the Trademsan trim, while 18-Inch chrome steel wheels are standard on the Big Horn trim.