The Ram ProMaster is a commercial van that competes with the Ford Transit, Chevrolet Express and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
As the entry point to Ram’s full-size van lineup, the ProMaster 1500 is larger than the ProMaster City van and has less cargo weight capacity than the ProMaster 2500 or 3500.
With its unibody construction and front-wheel drive, the ProMaster differs from competitors’ vans that use body-on-frame construction and rear-wheel drive. This improves fuel economy and reduces the load-floor height while retaining towing and cargo capacities.
The ProMaster can be upfitted with ambulance equipment and features a vehicle interface system that allows for multiple other configurations with power and access to other vehicle systems.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Ram ProMaster 1500’s specifications.
- The 2019 ProMaster 1500 has a starting price of $32,340 including a $1,695 destination charge.
- The 2018 ProMaster 1500 had a starting price of $31,640 including the $1,695 destination fee.
- The Ram ProMaster 1500 is available with either a short or medium wheelbase and a low or high roof.
- The ProMaster 1500 has a wheelbase of either 118 inches or 136 inches, an overall length of 195.4 inches or 213.2 inches and a width including mirrors of 112.2 inches.
- The ProMaster 1500 comes with a 3.6-liter V6 engine that has 280 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque.
- A six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard.
- The ProMaster 1500 has a payload rating of up to 4,000 pounds and is rated to tow up to 5,100 pounds.
- The ProMaster is considered a commercial vehicle and does not receive EPA fuel economy estimates.
- The ProMaster 1500 comes standard with a rearview camera.
- The ProMaster 1500 is available with a DOT-certified roadside safety kit and a rear-park assist system.
- A 5-inch display that includes an AM/FM radio is standard.
- Navigation is available.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The ProMaster 1500 is available with a cargo partition, rear cargo LED lighting, a rear window package and auxiliary upfitter switches.
- Options packages include an Ambulance Prep Package with a heavy-duty alternator, wood flooring, rear hinged doors, rear air conditioning, cruise control and rear auxiliary power outlets.
- An RV Prep package includes a trailer tow package, swivel seats, auxiliary switches and 16-inch wheels.