The Ram ProMaster is a commercial van that competes with the Ford Transit, Chevrolet Express and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
Though its appearance and options are the same as the other ProMaster vans, the ProMaster 3500’s payload capacity is greater than the others by at least 450 pounds.
Ram has updated the ProMaster’s exterior for 2019 with a new grille and front fascia that more closely resemble those found on Ram pickup trucks.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Ram ProMaster 3500’s specifications.
- The 2019 Ram ProMaster 3500 Cargo Van with 159-inch wheelbase has a starting price of $39,090 including a $1,695 destination charge.
- The ProMaster 3500 Window Van with long wheelbase has a starting price of $37,840 including the $1,695 destination charge.
- The Ram ProMaster 3500 is available as either a Cargo Van or Window Van
- An extended version is available for long wheelbase models that increases overall length by over 14 inches.
- The ProMaster 3500 has a wheelbase of 136 inches or 159 inches, an overall length that ranges from 213.2 inches to 250.6 inches and a width including mirrors of 112.2 inches.
- The ProMaster 3500 comes with a 3.6-liter V6 engine that has 280 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque.
- A six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard.
- The ProMaster 3500 has a payload rating of 4,680 pounds and is rated to tow up to 5,100 pounds.
- The ProMaster 3500 is considered a commercial vehicle and does not receive EPA fuel economy estimates.
- The ProMaster 3500 comes standard with a rearview camera.
- Available safety options include a DOT-certified roadside safety kit and a rear-park assist system.
- A 5-inch display that includes an AM/FM radio is standard.
- Navigation is available.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The ProMaster 3500 is available with a cargo partition, rear cargo LED lighting, a rear window package and auxiliary upfitter switches.
- An Ambulance Prep Package with a heavy-duty alternator, wood flooring, rear hinged doors, rear air conditioning, cruise control and rear auxiliary power outlets is available.
- An RV Prep package that includes a trailer tow package, swivel seats, auxiliary switches and 16-inch wheels is available.