The 2019 Range Rover Sport is a three-row luxury SUV that competes with the Lexus GX, Volvo XC90 and BMW X5.
The 2019 Range Rover Sport is part of the model’s second generation, which was unveiled in 2013. 2019 updates include a new mild-hybrid gasoline engine with either 355 or 395 horsepower, the addition of the HST trim, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility at no extra cost.
Here’s a quick outline of the 2019 Range Rover Sport’s specifications.
- The 2019 Range Rover Sport is built on Jaguar-Land Rover’s D7u platform It share the platform with non-Sport Range Rover models.
- The 2019 Range Rover Sport starts at $68,500 plus a $1,295 destination charge.
- Top-of-the-line Autobiography models start at $97,500 plus a $1,295 destination charge and can top $128,500 with options.
- The 2018 Range Rover Sport started at $66,750 plus a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Range Rover Sport is available in five trims: SE, HSE, HST, Supercharged Dynamic and Autobiography. A separate performance version, the SVR, is also available.
- The range-topping Autobiography model comes with 21-inch alloy wheels, auto high-beam assist LED headlights and a 825-watt, 19-speaker Meridian sound system.
- All models come with a four-year/50,000-mile vehicle limited warranty and six-year, unlimited mileage anti-perforation warranty.
- The 2019 Range Rover Sport has a 115-inch wheelbase, a 192-inch overall length and a 81.6-inch width.
- The base engine in the 2019 Range Rover Sport is a 3.0-liter, 355-horsepower mild-hybrid engine that produces 365 pound-feet of torque. It is available in the SE and HSE trim levels. Four other engine options are available across the range.
- Also available in the SE and HSE trims is a 3.0-liter, 254-horsepower diesel engine that produces 443 pound-feet of torque.
- A 3.0-liter, 395-horsepower mild hybrid gas engine is available in the HST trim.
- A 5.0-liter, 518-horsepower V8 gas engine that produces 461 pound-feet of torque is available in the Supercharged Dynamic and Autobiography trims.
- A 5.0-liter, 575-horsepower V8 gas engine that produces 516 pound-feet of torque is available in the SVR model.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available, but a PHEV model is planned for the 2020 model year.
- All-wheel drive is standard on all models.
- All 2019 Range Rover Sport models use a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Range Rover Sport is 7,716 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Range Rover Sport with the 3.0-liter gas engine are 17 mpg in city driving, 23 mpg in highway driving and 19 mpg in combined driving.
- The 5.0-liter gas version gets 17 mpg in city driving, 22 mpg in highway driving and 19 mpg in combined driving.
- The 3.0-liter diesel model gets 22 mpg in city driving, 28 mpg in highway driving and 24 mpg in combined driving.
- All 2019 Range Rover Sport models are equipped with standard airbags, including driver and passenger, side curtain and thorax airbags.
- Standard safety equipment also includes front and rear parking aid with rearview camera, seat belt pre-tensioners and emergency brake assist.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes lane-keep assist, adaptive cruise control with queue assist for slow-moving traffic and traffic sign recognition.
- The standard infotainment setup is a 250-watt system with eight speakers that uses two touch screens as part of Land Rover’s Touch Pro Duo offering. It is Bluetooth-, HD Radio- and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto-compatible. It also comes with navigation.
- An option on the HSE trim and above is the 23-speaker Meridian Signature sound system, which includes a dual-channel subwoofer.
- The optional Rear Seat Entertainment system offers two 10-inch seat-mounted touch screens with “Journey Status” pop-up to let rear seat occupants know the time and distance to the destination.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- All new Land Rover vehicles include a complimentary two-hour lesson with a Land Rover Experience Driving School Instructor.
- Twenty-two-way massage memory front seats are an option on the Autobiography trim.
- The 2019 Range Rover Sport can come with up to five USB ports, four 12-volt power sockets and two 110-volt outlets.