The 2019 Ram 3500 is a heavy-duty pickup that competes with the Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD, Ford F-350 and GMC Sierra 3500HD.
The fifth-generation Ram 3500 was introduced at the 2019 North American International Auto Show as a 2019 model-year vehicle. The truck is built at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant in Coahuila, Mexico.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Ram 3500’s specifications.
- The 2019 Ram 3500 has a starting price of $34,845 not including a $1,695 destination charge.
- The high-end Limited trim has a starting price of $62,350 not including the $1,695 destination fee.
- The 2018 Ram 3500 had a starting price of $34,445 not including the $1,695 destination charge.
- The 2019 Ram 3500 is available in five trims: Tradesman, Big Horn, Laramie, Laramie Longhorn and Limited.
- The 2019 Ram 3500 comes with a variety of wheelbases, depending on configuration.
- The regular cab with the 4×2 powertrain is the smallest, with a 140-inch wheelbase, a 232-inch overall length and an 83.5-inch width.
- The longest model is the Crew Cab 4×2 with the eight-foot box. It has a 169.1-inch wheelbase, a 260.8-inch overall length and an 83.5-inch width.
- The base engine in the 2019 Ram 3500 is a 410-horsepower 6.4-liter HEMI V8 that produces 429 pound-feet of torque.
- Two other engine options are available. Each uses a 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel, with the standard-output version producing 370 horsepower and 850 pound-feet of torque. The high-output version produces 400 horsepower and 1,000 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- 4×4 and 4×2 modes are options on all models.
- The 2019 Ram 3500 uses either a six- or eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Ram 3500 is 35,100 pounds (requires 4×2 with regular cab and the high-output turbodiesel engine.
- Heavy-duty trucks are not required to be rated for their fuel economy by the EPA. Media reports place the truck’s fuel economy at 15 mpg overall.
- All 2019 Ram 3500 models, regardless of cab option, are equipped with six standard airbags, including advanced multistage front airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags and side-curtain airbags.
- Standard safety equipment also includes hill-start assist, low beam daytime running headlamps and a rear back-up camera.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes blind-spot and cross-path detection, Parksense rear park-assist system and trailer brake control.
- The standard infotainment system includes an AM/FM radio Uconnect 3 system with a 5-inch display that is compatible with SiriusXM, Bluetooth, voice command and hands-free calling.
- A 12-inch Uconnect system compatible with Apple CarPlay is available.
- A 750-watt, 17-speaker Harman/Kardon premium audio system is available on the Limited trim.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Ram 3500 can be equipped with wireless phone charging and up to nine USB ports, five Type-A and four Type-C USB ports.
- Up to three 115-volt auxiliary power outlets are available.
- Two rearview cameras are available on the 2019 Ram 3500. One is a standard back-up camera. The other is a cargo-view camera. The latter monitors payload in the bed and helps align fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailers.
- Work-grade vinyl bench seats are standard in the Tradesman trim. Ten-way power adjustable heated front seats are standard on the Laramie trim and above.
- A 360-degree surround-view camera is available on the Limited trim.