The 2019 Range Rover Velar is a midsize luxury SUV that competes with the Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class, Cadillac XT5 and Audi Q5.
Introduced in 2017, the Range Rover Velar is in its first generation. For 2019, the Velar gets a no-cost Smartphone package that adds Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. It also gets a larger gas tank (21.6 gallons instead of 16.5 gallons) on the V6 gas engine models. Adaptive Dynamics is now standard across the line.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Range Rover Velar’s specifications.
- The 2019 Velar has a starting price of $49,950 not including a $995 destination charge.
- The high-end R-Dynamic HSE trim has a starting price of $74,500, not including the $995 destination fee.
- The 2018 Velar had a starting price of $49,900 not including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Range Rover Velar is available in three trims: S, SE or HSE, with the R-Dynamic version coming in SE and HSE trims. An SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition is also available.
- The 2019 Range Rover Velar has a 113.15-inch wheelbase, a 189.1-inch overall length and an 80.35-inch width
- The base engine in the 2019 Range Rover Velar is a 247-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder gas engine that produces 269 pound-feet of torque.
- A 340-horsepower supercharged V6 gas engine that produces 332 pound-feet of torque is available as an option.
- The most powerful engine available in the U.S. is a 380-horsepower 3.0-liter supercharged V6 gas engine that produces 332 pound-feet of torque. It is available only in the R-Dynamic model.
- A 180-horsepower 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 269 pound-feet of torque is available as an option.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- All-wheel drive is standard on all models. Terrain Response 2 technology is an option.
- The 2019 Range Rover Velar uses an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission.
- Maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Range Rover Velar is 5,511 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Range Rover Velar differ depending on the powertrain. The most efficient model is the 2.0-liter diesel, which gets 26 mpg in city driving, 30 mpg in highway driving and 28 mpg in combined driving.
- The 2.0-liter gas models get 21 mpg in city driving, 27 mpg in highway driving and 20 mpg in combined driving.
- The 3.0-liter gas models get 18 mpg in city driving, 24 mpg in highway driving and 20 mpg in combined driving.
- All 2019 Range Rover Velar models are equipped with six standard airbags, including driver, passenger, side curtain and thorax bags.
- Standard safety equipment also includes driver-condition monitor, emergency brake assist, lane-keep assist and cruise control with speed limiter.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes a 360-degree surround camera, adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology, high-speed emergency braking and blind-spot assist.
- The standard infotainment system includes a 250-watt, eight-speaker set-up with two 10-inch screens as part of Touch Pro Duo.
- The system includes navigation with real-time traffic and voice recognition and is compatible with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Three levels of Meridian sound systems are available, with the highest-end using 22 speakers in the 1,600-watt Meridian Signature Sound System with Trifield 3D.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Range Rover Velar comes with two USB ports and three 12-volt power outlets.
- Auto-dimming, powered, heated side mirrors with approach lights are standard.
- Luxtec- and suedecloth-covered eight-way manual front seats are standard.
- 20-way powered, heated and cooled front seats with memory massage and covered in perforated leather are standard on the HSE trims.
- All new Land Rover vehicles include a complimentary two-hour lesson with a Land Rover Experience Driving School Instructor.