The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE is a five-seat luxury crossover SUV that competes with the BMW X6 M, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE SUV is part of the model’s third generation and will be the last model year for this generation. The non-AMG versions of the 2020 GLE went on sale in spring 2019, but the AMG models are not yet available.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE SUV’s specifications.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE 43 has a starting price of $68,150 not including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE 63 S trim has a starting price of $110,200 not including the $995 destination fee.
- The 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE 43 had a starting price of $68,150 not including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE is available in three trims: AMG GLE 43, AMG GLE 63 and AMG GLE 63 S.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE has a 114.8-inch wheelbase, a 189.6-inch overall length and an 84.3-inch width.
- The base engine in the 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE SUV is a 385-horsepower, AMG-enhanced 3.0-liter V6 that produces 384 pound-feet of torque. It also has ECO start/stop.
- Other available engines include a 550-horsepower 5.5-liter V8 that produces 516 pound-feet of torque in the AMG GLE 63 and a 577-horsepower 5.5-liter V8 that produces 516 pound-feet of torque in the AMG GLE 63 S.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive is standard on the 2019 AMG GLE SUV.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE SUV uses a nine-speed automatic transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE SUV is 7,200 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE SUV differ depending on the powertrain. The most efficient is the GLE 43, which gets 17 mpg in city driving, 22 mpg in highway driving and 19 mpg in combined driving.
- The GLE 63 get 14 mpg in city driving, 18 mpg in highway driving and 15 mpg in combined driving.
- The GLE 63 S gets 12 mpg in city driving, 18 mpg in highway driving and 14 mpg in combined driving.
- All 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE models are equipped with nine standard airbags, including dual front air bags, front side-impact air bags, front pelvic air bags, a driver’s knee air bag, and side-curtain air bags for both seating rows.
- Standard safety equipment also includes active brake assist, attention assist, trailer-stability assist, crosswind assist and blind-spot assist.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes active distance-assist cruise control, active steering assist, adaptive high beam assist, active blind-spot assist, active lane-keep assist, active brake assist with cross-traffic function, speed limit assist, active parking assist and a surround-view system.
- The standard infotainment system includes an 8-inch display, voice control, Bluetooth, HD Radio and compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. A 13-speaker Harman/Kardon surround sound system is standard.
- Other standard infotainment features include Mercedes-Benz’s COMAND system with navigation and touchpad controller and two USB ports.
- A 900-watt 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system and a rear seat entertainment system are optional.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The standard COMAND navigation system gets no-charge navigation map updates for three years.
- A one-month trial of Mercedes me in-car WiFi is included.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE’s rear liftgate is power-operated.
- Heated front seats are standard, as is a power driver’s seat. The standard seat covering is MB-Tex upholstery.
- Three years of Mercedes me connect services – including remote start, remote door lock/unlock, stolen vehicle tracking and parking locator – are also included.
Editor’s note: All photos courtesy of Mercedes-Benz