The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS SUV is a three-row luxury SUV that competes with the Cadillac Escalade, BMW X6 M and Lincoln Navigator.
The AMG version of the GLS SUV offers a more powerful engine than the non-AMG GLS and includes performance features like air suspension and AMG-tuned four-wheel drive.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS SUV’s specifications.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS 63 SUV has a starting price of $126,150 not including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS 63 SUV had a starting price of $125,300 not including a $995 destination charge.
- Only one trim of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS SUV is available: the AMG GLS 63 SUV.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS 63 SUV has a 121.1-inch wheelbase, a 203.2-inch overall length and an 84.3-inch width.
- The only engine available in the 2019 AMG GLS 63 is a 577-horsepower 5.5-liter V8 that produces 561 pound-feet of torque. It also has ECO start-stop.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive is standard.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS 63 SUV uses a seven-speed automatic transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS 63 SUV is 7,500 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS 53 are 13 mpg in city driving, 18 mpg in highway driving and 15 mpg in combined driving.
- All 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS 63 SUVs are equipped with seven standard airbags. These include two-stage front air bags, front side-impact air bags, a driver’s knee air bag and side-curtain air bags for all three seating rows.
- Standard safety equipment also includes active brake assist, attention assist, active LED headlamps, adaptive high beam assist, trailer-stability assist, crosswind assist, blind-spot assist, lane-keep assist and a surround-view system.
- Adaptive cruise control, active steering assist, active brake assist with cross-traffic function and speed limit assist are also standard on the AMG GLS 63.
- The standard infotainment system includes an 8-inch display, voice control, Bluetooth, HD Radio and compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. A 13-speaker Harman/Kardon surround-sound system is standard.
- Other standard infotainment features include Mercedes-Benz’s COMAND system with navigation and touchpad controller and two USB ports.
- A 1,200-watt Bang & Olufsen premium sound system with 14 speakers and a rear seat entertainment system are options.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS 63 SUV comes with heated and ventilated front seats covered in Nappa leather, three-zone climate control, a household-type 115-volt power outlet and a panorama roof as standard.
- The standard COMAND navigation system gets no-charge navigation map updates for three years.
- A one-month trial of Mercedes me in-car WiFi is included.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS SUV’s rear liftgate is power operated.
- Optional comfort and convenience features include a cabin-air purification system, a heated steering wheel and heated and cooled front cupholders.