The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G-Class 63 is an iconic, boxy SUV that somewhat competes with the Range Rover SVAutobiography Dynamic, Lexus LX 570 and Bentley Bentayga V8.
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class has been in production for over three decades. It is driven by civilians and militaries around the world. A new generation of G-Class models was launched at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in 2018. The AMG version, called the AMG G 63, has more power and torque than the standard G-Class.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63’s specifications.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 has a starting price of $147,500 not including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 can reach a price of $179,955 not including the $995 destination fee.
- The 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG G-Class had a starting price of $143,795 not including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 is available in only one trim, as it is considered the performance trim of the standard G-Class.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 has a 113.8-inch wheelbase, a 191.9-inch overall length and an 86.1-inch width.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 has one engine choice, a 577-horsepower 4.0-liter V8 that produces 627 pound-feet of torque. It also has ECO start/stop.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- All-wheel drive and five on-road and three off-road modes (sand, rock and trail) are standard on all 2019 AMG G 63 models.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G-Class uses a nine-speed automatic transmission.
- Mercedes-Benz has not announced the maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G-Class.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G-Class are 13 mpg in city driving, 15 mpg in highway driving and 14 mpg in combined driving.
- All 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G-Class models are equipped with overhead airbags for both rows of seats, rear side-impact airbags and a driver knee airbag.
- Standard safety equipment also includes active distance-assist cruise control, active lane-keep assist, blind-spot assist, active brake assist, attention assist, traffic sign assist, active parking assist and rear cross-traffic alert.
- The only optional safety feature is a surround-view system for $400.
- The standard infotainment system includes a 12.3-inch central display, voice control, Bluetooth and compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. A Burmester Surround Sound System is standard.
- Other standard infotainment features include Mercedes-Benz’s COMAND system with navigation and touchpad controller and two USB ports.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 comes with heated front and rear seats standard.
- The interior has 64-color LED ambient lighting, three-zone climate control and an Air Balance cabin-air purification system as standard.
- Other standard features include a power tilt/sliding glass sunroof, AMG Nappa leather performance steering wheel and an electrically heated windshield.
- A one-month trial of Mercedes me in-car WiFi is included.
- Three years of Mercedes me connect services – including remote start, remote door lock/unlock, stolen vehicle tracking and parking locator – are also included.