The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV is a three-row luxury SUV that competes with the Cadillac Escalade, Lexus LX and Lincoln Navigator.
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV‘s second generation began with the 2013 model year. For the 2019 model year, the GLS-class gets new upholstery, interior trim and lighting options. An updated third-generation will arrive with the 2020 model year.
Here is a summary of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV’s specifications:
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 has a starting price of $70,150 not including a $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 trim has a starting price of $95,750 not including the $995 destination fee.
- The 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 had a starting price of $69,550 not including the $995 destination charge.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV is available in two trims: GLS 450 4MATIC SUV and GLS 550 4MATIC SUV.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV has a 121.1-inch wheelbase, a 202-inch overall length and an 84.3-inch width.
- The base engine in the 450 4MATIC trim is a 362-horsepower 3.0-liter V6 that produces 369 pound-feet of torque.
- The engine in the 550 4MATIC trim is a 4.7-liter V8 that produces 449 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque.
- No hybrid, plug-in hybrid or full-electric powertrains are available.
- 4MATIC all-wheel drive is standard.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV uses a nine-speed automatic transmission.
- The maximum towing capacity for a 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV is 7,500 pounds.
- EPA fuel economy estimates for the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 are 16 mpg in city driving, 22 mpg in highway driving and 18 mpg in combined driving.
- The 550 trim gets 14 mpg in city driving, 19 mpg in highway driving and 16 mpg in combined driving.
- All 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV models are equipped with seven standard airbags, including two-stage front air bags, front side-impact air bags, a driver’s knee air bag and side curtain air bags for all three seating rows.
- Standard safety equipment also includes active brake assist, attention assist, trailer-stability assist and crosswind assist.
- Optional safety and driver-assistance technology includes adaptive cruise control, active steering assist, active blind-spot assist, active lane-keep assist, active brake assist with cross-traffic function and speed limit assist.
- The standard infotainment system includes an 8-inch display, voice control, Bluetooth, HD Radio and compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. A 13-speaker Harman/Kardon surround sound system is standard.
- Other standard infotainment features include Mercedes-Benz’s COMAND system with navigation and touchpad controller and two USB ports.
- A 1,200-watt Bang & Olufsen premium sound system with 14 speakers and a rear seat entertainment system are options.
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV comes with heated and ventilated front seats covered in leather, three-zone climate control, a household-type 115-volt power outlet and a power sunroof as standard.
- The standard COMAND navigation system gets no-charge navigation map updates for three years.
- A one-month trial of Mercedes me in-car WiFi is included.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV’s rear liftgate is power-operated.
- Optional comfort and convenience features include a cabin-air purification system, a heated steering wheel and heated and cooled front cupholders.