Trucks.com is a news site that covers the transport, logistics and automotive industries. Our content follows breaking news in commercial trucking, including labor, financial and regulatory issues, as well as new product developments. We also report on advancements in safety and autonomous technology, alternative fuels and electric vehicles and drone delivery. Our coverage of the consumer market centers on advancements in the light truck segment – which includes pickups, SUVs, crossovers and vans – sales and market analysis, new product announcements and vehicle reviews.
Trucks.com is the 2017 winner of the Motor Press Guild news article of the year. Our articles have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News, NPR and other major media. Trucks.com is headquartered in Tampa, Fla., with an editorial office in Long Beach, Calif.
Chief Copy Editor and Web Producer
The position reports to the Managing Editor and the Editor-in-Chief.
Staff member responsible for quality assurance for all text, including articles, charts, captions, excerpts, headlines and any other content.
- Primary copy editor to ensure all content is free of typos, grammar errors, spelling mistakes.
- Secondary content editor to make sure articles read logically and follow Trucks.com style guide.
- Manage the daily operations of the content management system (CMS), which includes:
- Publishing and styling content to align with Trucks.com brand, ensuring accuracy
- Sourcing, editing and arranging images and photographs
- Sourcing and embedding videos
- Troubleshooting technical issues and providing solutions/workarounds
- Assist with development of new products, including landing page mockups, and advise on look and feel of the Trucks.com home page and established landing pages
- Own projects end-to-end as assigned and adhere to deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work proactively
- Intermediate understanding of WordPress, Adobe photo editing applications (PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc.), Dropbox
- Offers a proven blend of editorial skills like copy editing, social media best practices
- Confident, organized and detail oriented
- Communicates well in a fast-paced environment
- Accountable and able to take direction from editors and writers
- Willing to work irregular hours if needed depending on news cycle
Trucks.com editorial offices are in Long Beach, Calif. Management prefers this position be staffed in Long Beach.
Daily newspaper or daily publishing experience desired. Familiarity with economics, trucking, freight and logistics is a plus.
Please email resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trucks.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.