What This Privacy Statement Covers
- This privacy statement covers Trucks.com’s treatment of personally identifiable information collected by Trucks.com through a website owned and operated by Trucks.com International, Inc.
- This privacy statement does not apply to the practices of companies that Trucks.com does not own or control, or of persons that Trucks.com does not employ or manage, including any third-party content contributors bound by contract and any third-party websites to which Trucks.com’s websites link.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit Trucks.com without revealing any personal information. However, Trucks.com needs certain personal information if you wish to register for a members account, receive a Trucks.com newsletter, or use certain Trucks.com services.
- Where required, this information may include your company contact information and your personal contact information. Trucks.com will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to set up your member’s account, to provide you with requested services, and to contact you regarding new services.
- By accessing the services of Trucks.com and voluntarily providing us with the requested personal information, you consent to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- Trucks.com automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. Trucks.com may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, Trucks.com does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Trucks.com may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of Trucks.com to provide services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
- Trucks.com may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of Trucks.com; or
- Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we or a data provider with whom have engaged may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data that you have voluntarily submitted to us, or posted to our website. We may share such data with a data provider solely in hashed, nonhuman readable form. To opt-out of these cookies, please do so through your browser’s cookie settings. For your convenience, Trucks.com has listed cookie management information from the following browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836?hl=en&ref_topic=3421433
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari 8: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=en_US
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this statement, please do not provide any personal information to Trucks.com. If you have provided personal information to Trucks.com and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify Trucks.com at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access Your Personal Information
Trucks.com gives you the ability to edit your Trucks.com account information and preferences at any time. To do so, simply log into your account and make the necessary changes. To unsubscribe from a newsletter, you can click the “unsubscribe” link, found near the bottom of the newsletter.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100 percent secure. However, your Trucks.com account information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- Further, Trucks.com retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
Notice for Minors
Trucks.com offers interactive services that allow you to post content to share publicly or with friends. At any time you can delete or remove content you have posted using the deletion or removal options within our services. If you have questions about how to remove content in a specific service or if you would like additional assistance with deletion you can contact our Trucks.com support team by emailing email@example.com. Although we offer deletion capability for our services, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.
Please note that the Services are directed toward users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, Trucks.com commits to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial emails you receive. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to 10 business days to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning your account or any request you have made to us.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Trucks.com may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this statement from time to time. Please review this statement periodically. Your continued use of the Trucks.com website after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions about this privacy statement, or your own personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.